StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions how many times a week should I do pole to see good progress??

• how many times a week should I do pole to see good progress??

Posted by Miracub1995 on January 4, 2018 at 8:41 am

Hi everyone! So I’m on day 12 of the 30 day take off and I’m finally starting to see a tiny bit of progress which is great! But my question is, is it ok to take more than one rest day in a row? I do admit I do skip some days and have 2 or even 3 rest days before my next work out because I’m either so sore (I also do pilates before pole too) or exhausted and plus I have a busy work schedule. But I just cant help but feel kinda guilty sometimes like I’m slacking and sabotaging my progress. So how many days a week is enough to build strength and progress? Do any of you have a set pole schedule or pole every other day?

Thanks for the advice! πŸ™‚

Veena replied 6 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • TreesySpins

January 5, 2018 at 1:24 am

I too am interested in how others progress. I am on day 17 of the starter class and it’s taken me a few weeks to get here. I’m intimidated because the women I follow in Instagram were already doing pole challenges three months into their training and I know I won’t be anywhere near that kind of advanced that quickly. I think you have to go at your own pace though and just not give up.

• Miracub1995

January 5, 2018 at 2:07 am

I agree about ur own pace, it seems like I do it 3-4 times a week it’s slow progross especially building arm strength but at least I see a little bit of progress, just gotta take baby steps

• Veena

Administrator
    January 5, 2018 at 4:21 pm

To see progress? 3 to 4 times a week. If you’re new to exercise having rest days is very important and poling daily can lead to overuse injury, like tendonitis and shoulder issues. It’s important to develope strength needed in shoulders and other areas so you can progress safely, but using the same muscles over and over without rest won’t help.

If you follow ANY of my 30 day programs you’ll find a balanced layout that allows for progression and adequate rest.

Also if you just like to pole for fun, there’s nothing wrong with once a week or less, just don’t expect heaps of improvement. You can still have fun and benifit from pole even if you stay at beginner level. 💜

• Miracub1995

January 6, 2018 at 7:17 am

ah thanks for the tips veena, im currently following ur 30 day take off, I just take more rest days cause im really sore a lot especially since I am beginner lol. but oh well 30 day take off is more like 40 day to me LOL

• Shihyu Liu

January 6, 2018 at 10:28 am

Veena I’m just wondering, once the 30 day take off is over,which program should I start next? Do you have programs for the intermediate level?

• Miracub1995

January 6, 2018 at 12:03 pm

After the 30 day take off I’m either going to re do it or do the 30 day invert program, maybe you could try that, hope that helps! πŸ™‚

• Veena

Administrator
    January 7, 2018 at 4:11 pm

You can work on the invert program. This doesn’t mean you will achieve an invert right away but it’s a great technique and strength builder over all.