StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions headphones

• headphones

Posted by AvaBabe on September 14, 2013 at 4:20 am

Does anyone use wireless headphones when dancing? I had a pair and they broke (not from poling) πŸ™ so I am looking into getting new ones and was looking for recommendations. *I like headphones because the pole is the living room… it’s football season…. see where this is going? lol XD
    Plus I like to dance late at night and I like my music to fully surround me (read: loud) and I can’t be waking the kids or neighbors πŸ˜‰

Lucca Valentine replied 7 years ago 8 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • leyrose

September 15, 2013 at 4:29 am

I’ve been wondering this too as I live at home and only practice late at night and don’t want to wake everyone up.

Just wondering what type are the best though as I think bulky ones may get in the way or risk being broken

• Lyme Lyte

September 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I would just go look at Best Buy!

• anndllb

September 15, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Lol, I fully understand your pain. I live with my gf family whos father looks like good O’ saint nick but acts like the grinch and is in bed every night before 10pm.
    Being the music lover I am and can’t seem to keep from dancing no matter where I am. My gf took pitty on me and got me two different kinds of cordless headphones. =)
    Pair one, Are LG HBS-700 What are Bluetooth lightweight stereo headset. They rest on your neck, very lite, durable, flexible, clear, magnetic ear buds. And the best part can pick up or make phone calls and text. I know that they have a newer model out but I cant think what the model number is at the moment.
    The second pair would be better for harder poll tricks. For it’s a ear piece that fits nice and snug yet without pain. =) This one is by Plantronics called M155 This lightweight ear piece has a great battery hold with loud clear sound that never loses its strength. Seeing that you enjoy being surrounded buy the music. This one would be my best bet. It also picks up your calls and texts with clear accuracy. Oh I forgot the range on this one is great. I can leave my phone in the room on the charger ( lol or forget it in another room ) and still get clear, strong signal without missing a beat.
    I can’t remember the prices off the top but I remember they weren’t bad.
    Anywho, I hope that you find your ear soundmate real soon. Life holding back is not a life at all.

• AvaBabe

September 16, 2013 at 11:20 am

Excellent! I will definitely be looking into both of those!! Thank you!

I really liked the ones I had because they were small flat over ear (not ear buds) blue tooth with a hard “headband” thing that went behind the head rather than over and I haven’t found anything comparable so I will be looking at giving these!

Thanks again for your thoughts!!

• Koidragon

September 16, 2013 at 11:38 am

I have used the sony ones before, and they are great – they stay right where they are supposed to and are lovely and clear, with easy to navigate controls, playlists and shuffle function. They hook over the ear, and have a soft cord that goes behind the head. They also weren't insanely expensive from memory – but get them from somewhere like best buy where they are cheaper than directly from sony. They are waterproof too from memory…

• anndllb

September 16, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Ohh I forgot to say that the first pair is made of a waterproof material. I have wore them walking without a hood in lite rain and had no problem. I was too chicken to test it farther them that. But I do know that they are comfortable when working out and don’t get that funky smell afterward. =) Glad to be of any helped. Best of luck.

• AvaBabe

September 16, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Thank you again!! I suppose i should have specified that i was particularly interested in wireless that way I could minimize things I am wearing that may damaged if dropped haha! But I will definitely look into all of these! Thanks! πŸ˜€

• Koidragon

September 16, 2013 at 1:22 pm

The sony ones I mentioned are wireless πŸ™‚

• Sarah Brace

September 17, 2013 at 7:55 am

Koidragon, which Sony model are they? Some headphones for pole & hoop would be a godsend for me as I tend to practise quite late.

• Koidragon

September 17, 2013 at 12:47 pm

The NWZ-W273 – it comes in a 2GB and 4GB – I know when I got mine ages ago they really ranged in price so look around πŸ™‚

• richardsalme161692

April 17, 2017 at 7:13 am

I understand that it is an old thread, but I would like to share an experience. I have a friend who does rigorous exercise and running. And while exercising, he uses his affordable quality headphones that he got from http://www.soundmagic.us/index.php/product/soundmagic-bt100-wireless-bluetooth-headphone-microphone/ as he never exercises without music. He has been using them for long as they provide great music quality and ease of use.

• Lucca Valentine

April 17, 2017 at 1:01 pm

The ones I use are pretty cheap, sound good, and the triangle ear pieces make them super secure…they will come with two styles of ear pieces and the ones that are rectangular with a rounded end don’t do jack for me. Either way, soundpeats qy7, I think they’re only like $20 in the US. Have a really good sound range and actually have some bass to them (which was best important to me. I absolutely love them and use them for hooping, poling, running, cleaning…ok I basically live with them in my ears Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€š