StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions feel like ive lost strength

• feel like ive lost strength

Posted by Davedeeking9167 on September 23, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Hi Im a newbie to pole ,,less than a year but still a beginner. I feel like I am loseing strength though instead of gaining it. I practice twice a week on Mondays and Fridays and 6 months ago I use to be able to do 5 pole pull ups. Now I can barely do 2 my arms feel like dead weight no strength. I cant possible be overtraining can I? I eat the recommended anmount of protein for muscle growth. has this ever happened to anyone? Its like my arms and shoulders are saying hell no Im not doing this anymore. so frustrateing. I can do my beginner spins but I can no longer lift myself . I gained 5 lbs but would that even matter? Deidre

Davedeeking9167 replied 4 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina

September 24, 2019 at 2:02 am

I would take a full week off and rest. Sometimes I come back stronger after a long rest… but if that doesn’t work I would go talk to my doctor… it certainly doesn’t seem like you should be losing strength while working out regularly 🤷‍♀️

• amelia2000

September 25, 2019 at 9:59 am

Like Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina says, taking a short break wouldn’t do any harm.

Also varying training is important, because the body adjusts to the impulses you give and gets used to the exercises. So for example if you’re doing weight training and start off with 2kg, after a while increase to 2.5 or 3, to keep making progress.
    So as well as pole pulls ups, other good shoulder/arm exercises with/without pole are: superman press-ups as well as normal press-ups, pole rowing, rowing with theraband/similiar, dips. Full body exercises without pole are good for arms as well such as burpees and plank variations. All good things to encorporate into your warm up. And lots of pole climbs- this is great for stregth.

• Davedeeking9167

September 25, 2019 at 11:19 am

Thank you to both Ladies…My arms feel tender mostly the biceps so a break is a good idea and switching up the excercises Bi Week;y would be good to give them more rest time.I can work my biceps one week then my triceps the following week. Im a personal trainer and Im use to training the same body part twice a week but Im needing to change my thinking when it comes to Poleing because doing 40 lb bicep curls is way less intense than lifting my bodyweight 150lbs. This is sooo challengeing!!! Love it!!