StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions crickety pole

• crickety pole

Posted by LeeshaPeesha on May 27, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I put my pole up myself and it seems to be tight from the floor to the ceiling but its still creeking, could this be from the pole being too lose at the joints?

mummypole replied 4 years, 1 month ago 10 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • HollySatine

May 27, 2011 at 2:47 pm

What kind of pole is it? is it bottom loading? and is it spinning or static? a while ago my pole would make clicking noises on spin mode which meant the pole was actually too tight against the ceiling…

• KateSykerd

May 28, 2011 at 6:50 am

Mine does this too! Its a xpole sport, and I've always found the creeking somes from within it somewhere… But my joints are stuck so I can't take it down and find out why…

• Riddleboxxy

May 28, 2011 at 10:53 pm

X-Sport here as well, and mine can also be crickety. It sounds like it's coming from the pole, or the ceiling itself. My joints are also stuck, but I find when I untighten and retighten from the ceiling.. it is silent for a good time before it starts again :]

• LeeshaPeesha

May 28, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Hmmm yea I do have a Xpole as well and I have noticed that the joints are stuck in fact the pole has almost twisted all the way around the joint, I am hoping to catch it when it lines back up so I can tighten the joint back up again….I just wondered if anyone else has had this issue, I presume it could be too tight to the celing as well, I will try to losen it perhaps that will do the trick?

• LopsiJulie

May 29, 2011 at 4:21 am

Hiya girls,

this is a problem with the x-joints.  You should tighten your joints at least once a week.  If it's making a noise, it's most likely the x-joint.  You should loosen it a bit and re-tighten. 

Stuck joints aren't the most safe structurally.  Even if it twists all the way back into place (the pins on the joint might be worn in or the grooves in the pole where you place the pins may also be damaged).

It is a common flaw and you may want to contact your supplier.

I only know all this from experience.  I got a new pole delivered because it happened within a month and in their instructions they dont say to tighten joints regularly.  I have started doing this.  If I hear the noise I stop and tighten RIGHT away now…

xxx

• Jenn

May 29, 2011 at 5:51 pm

My pole makes the creaking sounds to, but usually only when apply sideways force to it, ie big spins, handsprings, etc.  My joints are still aligned though and I tighten them regularly. So I'm not sure what the cause is, but it is a little scary!

• TinyDynamics09

May 29, 2011 at 6:02 pm

lol and here i was about to strangle my friend because she went to spin and totally moved the pole out of place ( mind you it has never ever budged on me) and then next thing i know its making all of these funky noises.

• Aviva

May 29, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Can you tighten Xpole joints while the pole is up or is it necessary to take it down?

• LopsiJulie

May 30, 2011 at 3:49 am

@ Aviva: yes you can.  If you loosen one half (not complerely only a little) and then retighten as much as possible its best.  But you can also just tighten…

I actually include this as part of my warm up.  I tighten the lower joint first then I take the hex key and climb up the pole do a sit or crucifix and tighten the higher ones.  The higher ones I typically just tighten, and the lower one (because I'm not on the pole) I loosen slightly and retighten.  It's a good wake up call for you arms.

@Jenn, I noticed this when I shouldermount it creaks sometimes.  It must still be the joints?

I guess the real question is: does someone with the older version of x-pole (no x-joints) have a pole that makes this noise?

• litlbit

May 30, 2011 at 9:05 am

My x-sport has done that since I first got it.  X-pole replaced the joints and it didn't stop the noise.  It's the only pole I have that does that.  The x-perts don't….we just live with it and the students are used to the sound.  It is up right etc.  A friend of mine he thinks it's becaise the adjuster rod is narrower than the pole and with out a cover to stabilize it on spins etc. that may be why it creaks.  Makes sense to me! LOL

• Jenn

May 30, 2011 at 11:21 am

I had the old X pole too, and it never made creaking boises, so it must be related to the new design.

• mummypole

February 21, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Hey my xpert pole does exactly I’ve only had it since December, what all yours does, I thought it might be because I got a smaller pole, because my 45mm xpert didn’t do it, an yes like you say its very off putting xxxx 💕