StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Information/Suggestions on Poles? Where to purchase and pricing? Old Aged Newbie! Lol

• Information/Suggestions on Poles? Where to purchase and pricing? Old Aged Newbie! Lol

Posted by Soxsamansky2669 on February 1, 2019 at 2:53 am

I have never pole danced before but have always wanted to. Need some direction/suggestions on where to purchase a pole?; what kind, brand, size of pole?; how much is to much to pay?. Thanks in advance for any information.

Veena replied 5 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • mystical

February 1, 2019 at 3:51 am

there are poles that are permanent and pressure mounted. The diameter of poles are 38mm which is small, 40mm, 45mm and 50mm. I prefer 45mm thats what most people and studios have. I have never tried the 38mm or 40mm so i cant say how they would be.

the finishes are Brass, Titanium Gold, Chrome and stainless steel. oh theres also powder coated

places that i know of to get a pole would be X pole or platinum stages, these poles are strong and made to hold body weight.

price range varies on what pole you get.

my pole is a 45mm X pole titanium gold xpert nx, which was cheaper then the other poles i was looking at. its pressure mounted so i can take it down and put it up when i want.

there are also stage poles.

• mystical

February 1, 2019 at 4:07 am

oh you might want one that is static/spin. static is where you spin around the pole and the pole stays still. spin is where the pole spins and you just hold on.

• grayeyes

February 2, 2019 at 2:36 am

I purchased a Lil Mynx when I bought a pole for home. The price was a bit better. I have a 45, which I prefer. The 50 is harder to grip since it’s a bit bigger. I have a stainless steel which I find quite slippery but doable with grip aids. I plan to purchase another pole soon and will likely get another Lil Mynx but powder coated for better grip. I like that Lil Mynx changes from static to spin with a push of the button and no tool required. I like to change back and forth on the fly. I would recommend static and spin. I rarely used spin at first but now am very glad I have it and like spin pole just as much. You’ll find everyone has their favorite material for grippiness or not too much grippiness. I think the main at home reputable, safe brands are x-pole, platinum stages, Lil Mynx and Lupit off the top of my head but I’m sure there are more. I would steer clear of the various Carmen Electra style poles in the $100 range as I don’t think they are designed for serious poling and the safety required.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 2, 2019 at 2:50 am

Here’s a video I made a few years ago that might help. https://www.facebook.com/studioveenacom/videos/10154144361229442/