• Posted by mariaintheair on May 26, 2018 at 4:24 pm

Hi! I’m a silks practiser and I want to start pole dancing (I already know I’ll love it) on my own with studioveena lessons. I wanted your opinion on if it’s a good idea and on the other hand if anyone could give me some advice on where to buy the pole kit and what I have to look at when buying it to put it in my place. Thank you so much in advance

emmasculator replied 5 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • emmasculator

May 26, 2018 at 6:39 pm

I think its a great idea! I actually started off first doing aerial silks, then found pole. I was able to invert my first pole class, largely because of the strength I gained from doing silks. I think the two complement each other nicely and the best part is the pole stays still. I purchased my pole from X pole and it is a tension mounted pole, so it doesn’t (if installed correctly) damage the ceiling or floor. I would say the things to consider when getting the pole is first consider your space. How tall are the ceilings? Where are the studs in my ceilings (as the pole will be installed under a stud) how much space will I need laterally (a lot more than you would think) I would make sure that you have sufficient space and that the studs are where you need them to be, before purchasing a tension mounted pole. You could always buy a stage pole, which xpole also sells, to circumvent worrying about the ceiling. I personally prefer tension mounted poles as I hate doing floor work on the stage, and the stage can be rather noisy.