StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Xpert xlock- toddlerproof?

• Xpert xlock- toddlerproof?

Posted by amelia2000 on March 13, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Any poling mamas here who have an Xpert with Xlock on it?
    We’re moving house soon and I’m buying a new pole (yay!) and I’m thinking about getting a pole with Xlock but was wondering how easy is to turn from static to spinning, specifically- is it toddler proof? I don’t want my 2 year old playing with my pole when it’s on spinning as it can go quite fast…
    I’m probably overthinking this but would appreciate any feedback on this!

amelia2000 replied 4 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    March 13, 2020 at 5:14 pm

I have one! That’s a good mommy question. It not super easy to lift and unlock. You lift then turn while having to hold it up, holding it up takes some strength of the hand as it automatically wants to push back down before you twist. I’m not sure a toddler could lift and twist with the dexterity needed. It took me a bit to work it out hahahaha

My kids are all to old to test it on!

• amelia2000

March 13, 2020 at 5:25 pm

Thanks Veena!

That sounds safe enough, I will think over whether I think it’s worth the extra money 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    March 13, 2020 at 5:27 pm

Oh, I Love mine. It was a surprise gift from my husband last year and it’s been really nice.

• Micheru

March 13, 2020 at 5:46 pm

So I know that this is a different brand, but Lupit’s is not toddler proof. My kid can change it back and forth.

• amelia2000

March 13, 2020 at 8:36 pm

@Micheru that’s not good, hopefully someone else can give feedback on the Xpole one then!
    I already have the ceiling mount for the Xpert so not looking to change to Lupit.

• hookedonpole

March 15, 2020 at 3:41 pm

I have xlock pole. I have to put a little bit of umph to switch. I do mean a little bit as an adult, there’s a little technique to lift, turn and let drop into position. It is done quickly now that I am used to it. Maybe your toddler won’t actually know how you are doing it in order to figure it out. But, again, there’s a technique.

• Katie Leonard

March 17, 2020 at 8:28 pm

I have an xlock as well. I think it’s pretty toddler proof. I also have a crash mat that covers the lock, so much so that it’s kinda a pain to switch the pole. That might be a good option if you’re still concerned.

• amelia2000

March 17, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Thanks, that sounds good!

A mat would be good but I like my heels too much 😛