StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X pole on area rug?

• X pole on area rug?

Posted by Sam the girl on June 17, 2020 at 9:04 pm

I saw a discussion about setting up x pole on carpet which is fine but what about an area rug? I’m thinking it might be a bit more dangerous or no?

PoleWithSoul replied 3 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 18, 2020 at 2:36 am

I would avoid the rug. Also if you want to wear heels it will be in the way. Low pole and floorwork isn’t fun on a rug either! 😋

• Sam the girl

June 18, 2020 at 4:20 pm

So it turns out the area rug won’t even be an issue as I didn’t measure my basement height ceiling correctly and it’s barely over 7 feet high so my pole I bought yesterday won’t even fit! 🤦🏼‍♀️ I am now trying to find a new space in my upstairs that has 2 super small rooms and not much area. Not ideal at all but going to make it work 😬

• amelia2000

June 19, 2020 at 6:38 pm

I had that problem when I wanted to put mine up in our basement as had to take it down out of living room for a time. Our ceiling in basement is 2.13m, so close to what you have I think. Disappointing as in summer the basement is coolest…

You could try buying an extension to put it up in basement?

Agree with Veena, rugs under pole are a no go and anywhere near the pole you risk slipping on it or pushing the rug into things

• amelia2000

June 19, 2020 at 6:42 pm

Xpole are likely to have extensions still in stock, most people will have been buying the pole sets, and less likely to have been buying extensions imo.

You can maybe work out which extension you need buy finding an xpole height chart and adjsting the height accordingly

• Sam the girl

June 19, 2020 at 11:00 pm

I did see where I could buy an extension and use that for shorter ceilings but I’m pretty sure I would need a 500 extension which is out of stock currently. I heard some people say you can email the xpole team to confirm the extension needed but the Email support team is down for now due to COVID

• PoleWithSoul

June 21, 2020 at 12:46 am

Hi Sam, I had a big area rug under my pole for a year. I danced on it in heels because the pile was low-cut and smooth. But I did get carpet burn over and over until I started remembering leg warmers or leggings (which make it frustrating to hop on the pole) and knee pads (which also don’t transition to pole well). And I agree with Veena that it’s easier to glide on a smooth floor. There are probably textures of carpets that would work but the pic you showed looks incompatible….

• PoleWithSoul

June 21, 2020 at 12:47 am

But Sam I had ZERO safety issues with it and I know other women who safely have rugs under their poles so it depends on the texture/make