StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X pole a frame height

• X pole a frame height

Posted by Nat on February 2, 2020 at 6:57 am

Hi, I want to buy X Pole A Frame (freestanding Rig) but in a bit of predicament. Its advertised as minimum height is 8 feet and my ceiling is also 8feet however I have read that the frame is about 1 foot smaller than advertised which would be ideal for me. What’s your experience with height please. Thank you ♥ 🤗

Nat replied 4 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 3, 2020 at 6:33 pm

I have the A frame but I don’t think it goes below 8ft. Maybe the person was referring to the fact that it’s under 8ft before you put the pins in?

Have you considered hanging your apparatus from the ceiling?

• amelia2000

February 4, 2020 at 12:31 pm

The lowest I’ve put mine up was probably about 8ft. Tbh anything lower would be too low.

If you have a garden you could put it up there. I used to use mine exclusively outside and put it up/took it down every time, it’s easy to put up and take down. It’s putting it in the bag which takres the longest lol

• Veena

Administrator
    February 4, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Haha yes, that bag!

• Nat

February 8, 2020 at 9:47 am

Thank you for the replies. Veena putting up is not an option unfortunately. I suppose I can use it outside but the weather in the UK is not great so not sure how often I can use outside. I really need to make a decision if it’s worth it if I can’t use it at home. I was hoping to use it for gymnastic rings and hoop.

• amelia2000

February 8, 2020 at 12:32 pm

I used to use mine outside in the UK all year round (coldest temperature was I think around 5 degrees) just not when it rained, but we were living on a canal boat at the time and it was my only option (I was also working outside so weatherproof). So possible depending on how outdoorsy you are and whether you have a garden or somewhere very close to put it up. And how flexible you are on time as you don’t want to put it up in rain.

We now live in a 3rd floor flat so I rarely use it outside now but mainly because of the stairs and the walk to the nice part of grass and keeping my 2 year old occupied without her running away BUT we’re moving into a house with garden soon so am looking forward to using it outside more again 🙂 I don’t like using mine inside as our ceilings are imo too low (2.6m) and feel too restricted and focus on pole inside instead.

• Nat

February 8, 2020 at 2:39 pm

Thank you amelia2000 that is reassuring that it can be done. I think I will go for it and get it, hoping for relatively dry summer. If it fits in the room it will be added bonus I suppose. I really got the aerial hoop bug 😂. As you say I can do pole more on rainy days and when nice I can go outside. I have got garden and the frame will fit just fine. Can I ask do you go for hoop classes or do you learn on your own. I am planning to continue with classes when I can get to it and subscribe to unique aerialist to learn things on my own x

• Veena

Administrator
    February 8, 2020 at 3:59 pm

One other thing to consider with the A frame is if you’re over 5ft 7in and you like to do splits or layouts on the lyra. Your legs might touch the sides and stop you from spinning. If that doesn’t matter, then no worries. For me I love the A frame but was disappointed I couldn’t fully extend my limbs and maintain rotation.

• Nat

February 8, 2020 at 4:06 pm

No issues here I am only 5.1 Veena 😂. I am getting the 2m top bar I think. It will be handy for when using with rings x