StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-Pole stage lite assembly

• X-Pole stage lite assembly

Posted by Papillon on August 17, 2016 at 9:14 am

Hello all,

So, I purchased an X-pole Stage Lite of silicone (yay!!) for training on sunny days or photo shoots.

Before buying it, and after watching some assembly videos, I thought it would be super easy and not so heavy. But I was so wrong! It’s super heavy and not so easy to mount. What it is specially difficult is to lock the floor panels to the “metal base”.

So, I was wondering if you know whether is it really that necessary to put those panels or if by just locking the metal base, it would be enough. I’m not planning a crazy training, so this would be more for photo shoots or very easy work out. But it would be so much easier and faster for me!

Any ideas?

Thank you!! 🙂

Yayo replied 7 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 17, 2016 at 3:43 pm

It IS heavy!! I often have to fight with my panels to get them to line up and snap in, however I would guess X pole doesn’t suggest using it without! I’ve seen others use it without but the stage will be more secure if you put it together in full. For training using the panels is a must.

• Phoenix Hunter

August 18, 2016 at 5:43 pm

It is heavy 🙁 I wish they would make lightweight resin pieces that you could use for quick travel .like platinum stages did . like maybe an alternate set of plates you could purchase . It kills me to carry those plates.

• TaraLee

August 19, 2016 at 3:33 pm

There should be a case for them with wheels on it!

• Yayo

August 19, 2016 at 8:43 pm

I feel you on this one!! I have to carry this up 4 flights of stairs!! My back kills me after 8 times of up and down. I started looking at other options like the RPole but found out it cost $1400 w shipping. More then my rent!!! If I was able to afford it I would. I do wish there were other option that were less heavy.

• Rose2011

August 19, 2016 at 9:07 pm

I bought two folding had carts for my stage. It helps alot with the heavy panels. If need to go up very many steps i would get a hand a cart for each set of panels and 1 for base. Also took a sharpie and marked on base where legs go. So its real easy to get them in right place for panels.

• Papillon

August 19, 2016 at 10:50 pm

Thank you for your replies!!

I also thought of buying the Rpole but it looked not so stable and so expensive!

Unfortunately you need to be super strong or have a man around to help you to move this thing around.

Have you tried using the pole without the panels? I agree with Veena that it might be a bit dangerous since the base might move, but have you tried this?

xxx

• Yayo

August 20, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Yeah I wouldn’t recommend removing the plates. That’s dangerous in that if you land a certain way you my hit yourself pretty bad. Plus sometimes the legs will move if it’s in an unstable platform. The plates keep everything together. Hopefully someone will find or make something lighter 🙂