StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions XPole Setup Advice Please

• XPole Setup Advice Please

Posted by desiree92 on November 17, 2020 at 2:45 pm

Hi everyone!

Seeking some advice here. I recently got my Xpert set last week and I’m having a couple of issues upon setup. I’m wondering the community here would be able to help? I’ve tried reaching out to xpole but I haven’t heard back yet, so I’m really not sure what to do 🙁

1. Spin not smooth
    I have set up my xpert as per instructions but it doesnt seem to spin smoothly. There seems to be some resistance/ bounce back when I rotate it to test (when I’m not on it), but it spins fine when I’m on the pole. I know it’s not overtightened because when extending the pole, I extendeded it to the minimal point so that the dome doesn’t move (but it still did upon first time use yesterday lol). Even without it being extended to touch the ceiling fully, the spin still has resistance. Could it be a joint issue? I noticed that when using the 125mm and 250mm extension, the joints were already attached so I didn’t remove those and I had just used it as is. Does it need to be removed and reattached?

2. Ceiling height and unsure of extensions
    My ceiling height is 2620mm, but when I used the 250mm extension only, the pole extends beyond the red horizontal line at the base. Using 250+125mm just fits my ceiling exactly with minimal need to tighten as it is a close fit (the shortest height this creates is 2610mm I believe) – I’m just afraid I wouldnt be able to remove it because of the little room I have to contract the pole. Do you think I should use the 250+125 or use only the 125 and extend beyond the horizontal line?
    I’ve been told that it’s ok to extend it beyond the horizontal line a little.

Thanks so much!

amelia2000 replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 17, 2020 at 6:05 pm

Did you buy it from the xpole US official website? I thought they no longer sold that model and now only offer the Xpert pro and Sport (non spinning) That’s an older style with out the x-lock.

The joints just hold the pole pieces together, so that shouldn’t do much as far as spin pole. I’d say something is wrong with the bearings. It shouldn’t have resistance at all when spinning with or without a person… something is wrong.

Use whatever extensions get you closest, as long as you can give it a few twists you’re good. I wouldn’t over extend it.

• desiree92

November 18, 2020 at 1:37 am

Hmm I bought through my studio who ordered it via the XPole Asia site. I’ve been in contact with xpole asia support but they keep saying it’s just overtightened, so I’m not really sure what to do :(.

Thanks for the tip on the extensions! I was just initially concerned about using 250+125 as it just barely fit into my ceiling and I’m afraid I wouldn’t have room to manoeuvre to remove it in the future but maybe that’s just me overthinking :).

• desiree92

November 18, 2020 at 1:44 am

And so sorry to ask – what are pole bearings? Is it the top insert at the dome or at the base? Is there a way to check if it’s defective?

Sorry to have to ask, this is my first pole and I’m completely new to this.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 18, 2020 at 2:11 am

Bearings are what make the pole spin smooth. They’re found in the dome this is what they look like. https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/5ec5b518-63b4-4bf7-b50c-3b3aac110005

They’re right if the pole is over tight it will bounce back and not spin well. However, if the pole will not spin smooth even if not set up then I’d check the bearings. Make sure they’re put in correctly.

• desiree92

November 18, 2020 at 3:38 am

Thanks so much Veena! Really appreciate your thoughts on this, it’s been so helpful.

I’ll have a check at the bearings. I’ll check against the video to ensure it’s put in correctly, but is there also a way to tell if it’s defective?

• Veena

Administrator
    November 18, 2020 at 3:41 am

Other than making sure the bearings look good I’m not sure. I hope you get it worked out!

• desiree92

November 18, 2020 at 3:57 am

I hope so too, but thank you so much again! Have been in contact with the Xpole team in Asia and have been sending across videos. So hopefully they’ll be able to provide a solution too.

• amelia2000

November 21, 2020 at 8:22 pm

I have had trouble with my xpert as well, not spinning smoothly unless it wasn’t secure enough.

My husband finally attached our ceiling mount (narrow joists, wrong extensions) and it spins like a dream now XD

• desiree92

November 22, 2020 at 10:09 am

Lucky! Do you have a pic on how yours is set up? I’ve been in contact with xpole and we’ve tested all individual parts and concluded that there’s nothing wrong with the pole. The team suspects that my floor or ceiling is uneven.

• amelia2000

November 22, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Yeah I’ll post a pic later. I’ve got the small white ceiling mount up under a piece of wood (as the joist is so narrow).
    Plus I had to add a 40mm extension piece (in Germany it’s possible to order a wide variety of extension pieces) as my a pole doesn’t extend as much as it used to.

• amelia2000

November 23, 2020 at 7:51 pm

This is what it looks like