StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-Pole Joint stuck

• X-Pole Joint stuck

Posted by Susanna417 on June 2, 2020 at 8:09 pm

I have/love my x-pole and installed it with no issues whatsoever. Then I moved and needed to use a different size extender. (Old ceiling was 12 ft I think. New is 9’3″) I previously used A pole + B pole + another B pole + 5″ (125mm) extender. I think. ) Now I need to use A+B+10″+ 10″ (A+B+250mm+250mm) for the new ceiling height, pieces which I have, however a joint is stuck in one of the 10″ pieces, and this is a piece I’ve never used. The joint will not contract at all. I’ve broken a broomstick and bent the allen wrench as well. Alternatively I can use a 20″ (500mm) part + new joint but they appear to be sold out on pole fitness dancing shop. Xpole appears to be closed due to the virus, they are not responding to either email or phone calls and the website says deliveries will take up to 30 business days.
    Pole is 45mm Xpert, purchased in 11/17.
    Any ideas anyone? Anyone have a 45mm joint + 250mm or a joint and a 500mm extender they aren’t using?
    Thanks!

Jihaleh replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jihaleh

June 2, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Hey! This happened to me as well. Is the that the joint is twisted inside or just that its not contracting?

• Susanna417

June 2, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Hi,
    The joint is not twisted at all, just arrived (and stayed) stuck.I didn’t realize it because I never needed that piece. I also tried putting it in the freezer for a while and then banging on it with a broom but that didn’t work either.

• Jihaleh

June 2, 2020 at 10:26 pm

If its just the joint that stuck, and you can still get the key in, make sure the key and the joint havent bee stripped. If they’re both good, you can add a tiny bit of lubricant like wd40 on the inside (not the outside as may damage the finish) to help it shift.
    Also context xpole directly, their customer service is excellent when I had a problem with mine

• Susanna417

June 3, 2020 at 3:07 am

Ok, I’ll try that. It is just the joint that’s stuck, the parts that the key go into haven’t been stripped at all. I’ll let you know if that works.
    I tried contacting xpole directly (you’re right, they are awesome. When I was first setting it up they did a live video chat with me to help me get it installed correctly! And this was really close to Thanksgiving when many businesses were shut down for the holiday too!) but they are currently closed down due to the virus and possibly due to the rioting I’m guessing too since they are in CA. Their website says they are not responding to either phone calls or emails currently unfortunately. Their store is open but shipping now takes up to 30 business days.
    Anyway, i’ll try that tomorrow and will let you know if that worked. Thanks!

• Susanna417

June 5, 2020 at 12:08 pm

Unfortunately the wd40 didn’t work. I did break an additional broomstick trying tho!

• Jihaleh

June 5, 2020 at 12:44 pm

Ohhh not good. I’m so sorry!