X-Pole Installation Problem

ginaallen151649 Paid Member
Hi Everyone,

Could you tell me what your experience was inserting and tightening the x-joint between the A and B poles of your X-pole?

I just received my X-pole (the standard model, not the X-pert), and am trying to decide if I have a manufacturing problem. When I insert my X-joint between the A and B pole, I cannot fully insert my hex key into the holes to expand the joint, as it seems the holes in the X-joint itself and the A and B poles are not perfectly aligned. I've made sure that the A and B poles are flush up against one another, so that isn't the problem.

I took it upon myself to (crudely) measure the width between the holes on the X-joint itself and also between the holes on the A and B poles once the X-joint is inserted, and sure enough, it seems the distance between the holes on the A and B poles is a bit greater than the distance between the holes on the x-joint.

Did anyone else have this problem? Or did your hex key easily fit into your A and B poles when you went to expand your x-joint? I don't want to deal with the hassle of requesting a replacement product, but I don't want to force the hex key at an angle and end up stripping the inside of the x-joint, or worse, not expanding the joint properly.

FYI- In the photos, the length of the blue tape up to where the bold line is drawn is the distance between the center of the holes on my x-joint.

Any thoughts or advice? Similar problems and remedies?

Thank you!
Sep 14, 2019
Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina Paid Member
It’s been a while since I’ve taken mine apart, but if I recall correctly one of mine doesn’t line up either... I’m pretty sure I just tightened it at an angle and mine has been fine (had it probably 4 years now) but honestly X-Pole customer service is great! You should definitely just give them a call if you’re even the littlest bit worried!
Sep 16, 2019
ginaallen151649 Paid Member
I spoke with the folks at X-Pole USA. They said it was safe to tighten the X-joint at an angle and to let them know if I had any problem doing so or was unable to expand it. I went ahead and continued my pole installation, and it seems to be fine and sturdy. I feel more at ease now. :)
Sep 27, 2019
Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina Paid Member
Excellent!!!
Sep 27, 2019

dustbunny
I've been a subscriber since I found this site years ago. These are BY FAR the best value for lessons...ANYWHERE! Regardless of your level, Veena's lessons will help you discover, learn and perfect new pole dance moves.
more testimonials