StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-Pole Installation Problem

• X-Pole Installation Problem

Posted by ginaallen151649 on September 14, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

Could you tell me what your experience was inserting and tightening the x-joint between the A and B poles of your X-pole?

I just received my X-pole (the standard model, not the X-pert), and am trying to decide if I have a manufacturing problem. When I insert my X-joint between the A and B pole, I cannot fully insert my hex key into the holes to expand the joint, as it seems the holes in the X-joint itself and the A and B poles are not perfectly aligned. I’ve made sure that the A and B poles are flush up against one another, so that isn’t the problem.

I took it upon myself to (crudely) measure the width between the holes on the X-joint itself and also between the holes on the A and B poles once the X-joint is inserted, and sure enough, it seems the distance between the holes on the A and B poles is a bit greater than the distance between the holes on the x-joint.

Did anyone else have this problem? Or did your hex key easily fit into your A and B poles when you went to expand your x-joint? I don’t want to deal with the hassle of requesting a replacement product, but I don’t want to force the hex key at an angle and end up stripping the inside of the x-joint, or worse, not expanding the joint properly.

FYI- In the photos, the length of the blue tape up to where the bold line is drawn is the distance between the center of the holes on my x-joint.

Any thoughts or advice? Similar problems and remedies?

Thank you!

Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina replied 4 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina

September 16, 2019 at 1:08 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve taken mine apart, but if I recall correctly one of mine doesn’t line up either… I’m pretty sure I just tightened it at an angle and mine has been fine (had it probably 4 years now) but honestly X-Pole customer service is great! You should definitely just give them a call if you’re even the littlest bit worried!

• ginaallen151649

September 27, 2019 at 12:29 am

I spoke with the folks at X-Pole USA. They said it was safe to tighten the X-joint at an angle and to let them know if I had any problem doing so or was unable to expand it. I went ahead and continued my pole installation, and it seems to be fine and sturdy. I feel more at ease now. 🙂

• Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina

September 27, 2019 at 2:12 am

Excellent!!!