What are the Pro's and cons of a stage pole

mystical Previous Paid Member
I am thinking of getting a stage pole, I would like to know everything there is to know.
13 days ago
Veena
Cons:
They're REALLY heavy
Set up is never as easy as I thought it would be (I'm always sweating by the time I finish)
They make a lot of noise if you wear heels
They don't have much room for floor work
The metal is cold and hard on your knees and feet
Outside in the sun the black metal gets REALLY hot
They don't feel as stable as a pole that is supported at the top and bottom
If using it inside you need over 10 ft of ceiling height.
The spin is not as nice as a mounted pole, you really need to know how to work a spin pole to keep the momentum.

Pros:
You can set them up outside
They are great for performers because you don't need a ceiling to use it
You can attach a lolipop lyra to the top
Great for performers!

The reason why you want a stage pole is probably the most important thing to consider.

If you plan on performing, it's GREAT! If you want to use if for practice instead of a permanent or removable pole, it's not ideal. If you plan on setting it up and down often it's a pain. You're better off investing in a permanent mount for a pole instead.

It may sound like I don't like the stage but I DO, as a professional its worth the money.

13 days ago
Thanks Veena, with the cons it sounds like I don't want one then, my ceiling is only 7 feet 6 inches tall, I was wanting one just to have one and try it out. The thing I like about a stage pole is you can take it pretty much any where.
12 days ago
Plus I hate when my pole slip's out of place every so often that's frustrating, I live in an apartment so I might not be able to get a permanent pole.
12 days ago
Veena
Check your ceiling, depending on the style and age of the apartment you could install a mount if you have the xpole. Find out if you have joists/studs. If it's concrete that won't work. Knock on the ceiling if it sounds hollow in some spots and solid in others chances are it's joists. If it just sounds solid every where it's probably concrete. The mount only goes into the ceiling nothing goes into the floor. You keep the same base.

I rent and it just takes a few screws for the mount and those holes can be filled easily when you leave.
12 days ago
I will check, I didn't even think about that. Thanks Veena
12 days ago

Saphyre
After learning a new move in class, I always check out the lesson on StudioVeena to get extra tips and to make sure I have learned all I can to make it right, and safe!
more testimonials