StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What Happens During Your Pole Class/Fitness/Party Sessions

• What Happens During Your Pole Class/Fitness/Party Sessions

Posted by Lavenia Price on November 15, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Instructors… Students, all are invited to chime in! I am interested in knowing what goes on during your pole sessions or parties. I’m all about the details but if you just want to share the basics I’m good with that as well.

Currently I do private pole fitness sessions with my friends. I start with a warm up that I made up, consisting of body rolls, tush pushes, sexy squats, and slides. Then I use Veenas pole strengthening routine and we finish with working on a transition, or a spin depending on if they are able to do a secure pole hold for at least 10 seconds. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour.

Since I am in a city with no pole studios or instruction nearby, word has spread and my friends’ friends and family have been coming. I’m just interested in other variations to get a feel of how others classes go.

And I have been asked to do pole parties as well but I have turned them down but would like to do some. Anyone care to share??

Lavenia Price replied 6 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Crimson Minxxx

November 15, 2017 at 7:35 pm

I’ve just started doing parties at my new studio and they are so fun! But they are way less like an actual class or workshop and more like an actual party with some playful dance thrown in. I prefer non-pole parties (chair dance, striptease) so there is less concern about having to be super warmed up and focused. Not that you can’t do pole, just try to keep it super intro level and not too serious. People really just love running choreo a few times then taking tons of photos and video… most people are complete newbies so keeping it simple is best! I like to end by splitting the group up and teaching a little lap dance routine… you can gauge by the energy of the party how far to take this! So yeah, my advice is to be super clear from your end about the difference between a pole class/workshop/training session and a pole party, and offer both!

• Lavenia Price

November 16, 2017 at 3:07 am

Thank you for sharing Crimson! The non pole parties are also a great idea 🙂

• 33barbwire

December 3, 2017 at 5:37 pm

I haven’t gotten to use this class plan with groups much yet, but here’s roughly what I do:

1. Strength/conditioning warm up for 10-15min
    2. 3-ish tricks plus combos you can make with them
    3. A couple bonus tricks if the student(s) breeze through the above (for example – if I’m teaching a step around, but the student accidentally does an extended leg spin, I’ll straighten out their step around and teach extended leg as a bonus. I think it’s fun to show them basic tricks are all pretty similar and just changing what you do with your legs.).
    4. Cool down stretching for 10-15min and get feedback about how they enjoyed the class – was it tough, too easy, moving too fast, etc.

• Lavenia Price

December 11, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Thank you 33barbwire. I have a lady that just started coming and she also noted that at the end of her sessions in Mexico they would learn a move.

She said the pole class she attended was more like a gym, and that they did strength based workouts, sometimes using the pole and at the end, her instructor would show them a move, and then they would all try to replicate it. Each session lasted an hour. They all paid for monthly sessions and came 4 times a week mon-thurs. Every other day was a stretch day. Friday was a two-hour bonus session. There would be sometimes two ladies or even three to a pole so they would all take turns trying to get into the hold.

Every session they regularly worked on a basic climb, but then instead of getting down, they would pretty much do pole squats while in the basic climb position, if that makes sense. She showed me, but I don’t really know any other way to describe it, and I have not seen it on here or anywhere else just yet. She taught them to jump into a climb though :O – and everyone would try it every session until they got it.

They also did a leg hood side crunch, just as Veena teaches, except the bottom foot is placed up against the pole, and so the body is much more dependant on a knee hang position, and a stronger core to maintain the hold.

She also noted that her instructor was certified, and taught them how to properly spot one another.