May 13, 2020 at 2:59 pm

Veena, did you do a Week 3 yet?

• Veena

Administrator
    May 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Posting after I eat breakfast 🥯😀😁

• Jihaleh

May 13, 2020 at 9:04 pm

Hey veena! So I’ve done this 3 times now.. and a couple things have some up. First, I never realised feet DOMS was a thing 😆 and boyy are my calves spasming and cramping up.
    Secondly, because of my kinda floppy ankles, I tend to “roll out” and sickling my foot, which leads to very scary times with heels. I’ve mentioned this before. Should I focus on leaning into my big toe for calf raises? I think part of the twisting it because I feel more mobile like that, as opposed to big toe. Will that get better with time as well?

• Jihaleh

May 13, 2020 at 9:04 pm
  • Veena

Administrator
    May 13, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Yes, in calf raises focus on the weight being equal and through the center of the foot, but yes, more towards the big toe in your case. DON’T allow them to roll out! Even if you can only do a few that’s ok. These muscles are already weak and probably stretched so we want to strengthen them and lengthen the opposing muscles.

Focus on these https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e8cf3ef-dd2c-44d7-a822-3f5dac110005 https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e8cf2dd-9020-44b7-b4b5-3f2fac110005 to strengthen

You can gently stretch the inside of the foot like this….make sure there’s only enough pressure to feel a stretch and try this with with ball of the foot on the ground (as shown or pointed toes). You can even do these when sitting. Note that if you feel your already very mobile then skip the stretch. This would be if you feel you have an imbalance.

• Jihaleh

May 13, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Ah yes, justing doing a couple of calf raises and focusing on my big toe made my whole leg shake! and I found the foot abductions super difficult, so definitely a weak spot. I did get a little bit of a stretch as well. Thank you so much 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    May 13, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Great, keep me posted!

• Jihaleh

June 11, 2020 at 7:51 am

Soo after a month of working within 3x per week, my ankles are doing much better. I still need to work on balancing, and there is still a little bowing, but my foot doesn’t immediately roll out 🙂 thank you!

• Veena

Administrator
    June 11, 2020 at 10:57 pm

That’s great to hear, Jihaleh!

• Veena

Administrator
    June 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
  • AiaOmega

June 14, 2021 at 2:01 am

I’ve just been doing pole about a month now and I’ve gotten these bruises on the tops of my feet several times, from pushing hard gripping the pole while doing the “knee grip” and “crucifix”. Any suggestions? I’ve started at the beginning and I’m currently on Day 5 of the Beginner No Pole program, but I can’t help trying to do some other fun moves occasionally, too 😅😁

• Veena

Administrator
    June 14, 2021 at 3:10 am

Have you tried wearing a sock on the foot that tends to grip?

• AiaOmega

June 14, 2021 at 3:16 am

No… I haven’t tried a sock because I thought it would slip? I’m gripping on so hard as it is with my skin haha

• Veena

Administrator
    June 14, 2021 at 3:21 am

Have you watched this tips for Crucifix? https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/60a2afb2-7808-4429-abe9-31f6ac110005 and it keeps you from being a le to use the foot

Page 1 of 2