StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Veena help

• Veena help

Posted by quancutie23 on September 3, 2020 at 4:39 pm

https://m.facebook.com/PoleFreaks/
    A break down
    Where is the video for the first move the one arm swing. When I do the move my body shrinks
    And I run into the pole. I don’t know how to old a firm body posture for this move. I can send you a video of me trying to do this first move so you can have a clear understanding what I am talking about. Sorry not sure if I was allow to post this video on the page

Veena replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    September 3, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Hi the link takes me to the entire page. I don’t know which video you’re asking about. Is there another link?

• quancutie23

September 3, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I tried to go on YouTube to find it but I couldn’t. The title of the video is called this is a cute combo from my recent class

• Veena

Administrator
    September 3, 2020 at 11:01 pm
  • quancutie23

September 3, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Yes reverse grab and chair. I start out strong but don’t end strong. When my body loose momentum my shoulder drops nd so does my whole body

• Veena

Administrator
    September 3, 2020 at 11:24 pm

Can you do a front hook spin REALLY well and a forward attitude spin? https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5f1351ac-0abc-4c0d-8d31-4642ac110005

The reverse grab is an advanced spin and requires a lot of strength. You should be able to do both the above spins before trying chair and definitely before doing Reverse grab. Working on these spins too soon can cause injury. Some dancers may never do this spin and that’s ok, pole is about fun and exercise not doing ever move.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 3, 2020 at 11:26 pm

I should add that you should be able to do these spins on static pole before moving on to reverse grab. 🙂

• quancutie23

September 4, 2020 at 3:38 am

I do all my spins on static. My chair I can do well. How do I feel like I’m strong but my chair or reverse grab just don’t look strong like a lot of professional. I will post a video. Than you can tell me what I need to condition

• Veena

Administrator
    September 4, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Yes, please do.