StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Varicose veins and pole dancing?

• Varicose veins and pole dancing?

Posted by Adela Sh on November 19, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Hello! I am really interested in pole dancing but am concerned for my veins in my calves. They are a little visible in color. That happened from my previous exercises in aerobics and some weight lifting which i dropped. Now I am leaning towards poledancing but worried whether therubbing against the tight hugging of the pole and brusing might worsen my case. Does anyone have some idea about this topic? Thanks!

Cazzzz replied 6 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 22, 2017 at 9:51 pm

I don’t have any experience in this. Hopefully someone has an answer for you! I do know that sitting or standing for long periods of time makes them worse and they can be painful.

• LatinPoler

November 22, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I have a visible vein in right calf (not varicose veins) and I don’t have any issues with pole dancing… I would say, exercise in general is good unless your case is advanced. Getting your blood flowing usually helps.

• Cazzzz

November 24, 2017 at 1:49 am

I have varicose veins. Kinda ugly ones, too, especially in my left calf. I’ve been poling for three years – very regularly and energetically for the past two years and I’ve had no problems at all. No more or less bruising; they have been zero problem or concern in leg hangs or any other move. The worse thing about them is the way they look. But, hey, I can’t see them that much. 😉