StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tush push trouble

• Tush push trouble

Posted by nyxed on November 9, 2018 at 3:39 am

I really like the way this move looks, but I am really bad at it. I always end up resting my weight on my right arm and pushing with that or falling back down. As soon as I put my bum in the air I can feel my abs disengage, so I’m sure that doesn’t help…but I can’t figure out how to engage my abs with my back arched. Is my problem lack of arm strength or lack of ab strength or both? How much should I actually be pushing with my arms? Is there some easier modification I can do and work my way up?

nyxed replied 5 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    November 9, 2018 at 3:43 am

A video would be really helpful to see what’s going on. 🙂

• nyxed

November 9, 2018 at 4:47 am

I uploaded two videos in my profile. This is my first time uploading videos here, so sorry if there’s a better way to share them. From the side it looks okayish, but from the front you can see how I lean heavily over the right side. Not… good. 😂

• nyxed

November 9, 2018 at 4:50 am

(Also you can see me pause in the middle because it feels wrong and I get frustrated, heh.)

• Veena

Administrator
    November 9, 2018 at 4:55 am

It’s totally normal to get stuck like you have! These 2 things can help, build strength by doing push ups or pole triceps pushes and try placing the hands a bit farther up by the face instead of by the shoulders. 😁

• nyxed

November 9, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Thanks, Veena! I will try those.