StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions To anyone who has owned/used an X-Stage Lite: How was the experience?

• To anyone who has owned/used an X-Stage Lite: How was the experience?

Posted by Duopoly on March 21, 2017 at 11:40 am

Currently I have a 45mm stainless steel x pole sport (which I love) located in my bedroom. Despite there being a heck of a lot of space in the centre of my room, I can only have it up in a spot that’s really close to a corner. Something to do with the weird positioning of beams in the ceiling.

Since my room is really the only place I can practice, certain spins and moves are totally out for me. It’s been a real bummer! So, I’ve been saving up to get a stage.

I just wanted to know people’s general experiences with stages, especially anyone who own a stage and regularly practices on one. Also, how’s floorwork? Do you have to pretty much stick to the area of the platform?

Duopoly replied 7 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • LatinPoler

March 21, 2017 at 4:39 pm

My story is the same, I used to dance on xPert (on carpet), moved, and had to switch to x-stage Lite in a much bigger room. I don’t specially love the x-stage but it was the only option. I gained the hard base and hard floor in the room vs. previous carpet. I love low flow and x-stage in not the best for that, but you can always modify the moves to make them x-stage friendly. For floorwork, I crawl, roll or walk away from the pole, do whatever I want to do, and return. Handstands/elbowstands are the most challenging, since it’s not easy to modify. Drop splits are also a challenge, but you can modify to half split and to full splits on the floor away from the pole.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 21, 2017 at 8:24 pm

I’m just under 5′ 8″ and the stage is NOT big enough for me. My legs hang off in splits and floorwork isn’t happening either. If you want to work on spins tho the stage is fine and it’s good for tricks too. I like to put 2 yoga mats over my base because the metal is cold and loud. As far as stages go tho, it’s the best!

• hannimator

March 22, 2017 at 8:52 am

I have the x-stage lite – it’s my only option in a rented flat with suspended ceilings. It’s good enough! I can’t really do floorwork, though tbh even with a normal pole there I wouldn’t be able to either, I have no space! It’s good for spins and practicing tricks though. I love it. The base is freezing though, as veena said 😛 also I wear socks if I wanna do pirouettes because the base is textured and I find it hard to turn on!

• Duopoly

March 23, 2017 at 7:37 am

Thanks for the input, guys! I think I’m making a good decision then, as the advantages seem to outweigh the downsides.

And LatinPoler, I was glad to see an answer from you since you make so many cool vids on your stage 😛

Veena, I just barely scrape 5’1, so it’ll be less of a squeeze as far as the platform goes. I got my tape measure out and so I could visualise the space available. I think I can work with it!

Hannimator, I have to tape my feet when doing pirrouettes on my carpet and I *still* get friction burns. Socks will be a welcome change, XD

• LyraPole

March 24, 2017 at 1:09 pm

I too am in the market but was shocked at the $160 shipping. I buy things like dog food online and most large ticket purchases companies offer free shipping, but alas… Anyone found a way to bypass shipping? Retailers don’t exactly stock these and they’re still responsible for shipping. Only thing I can think of is buying at expo and driving it home, but that’s too far away as I want to get it to practice for competitions in a couple months. Anyone, ideas?

• LyraPole

March 24, 2017 at 1:09 pm

$150* (typo)

• LatinPoler

March 24, 2017 at 6:04 pm

When I purchased mine, shipping was 50% off. It comes in four large, heavy boxes. I don’t think you are going to find free shipping, since it’s so bulky.

• LyraPole

March 25, 2017 at 5:29 am

Any idea what the occasion was for the 50% off shipping? That would be a great sale to catch!

• LatinPoler

March 25, 2017 at 2:11 pm

I don’t remember. It was early January, maybe the new year? It was on the x-pole site, I purchased directly from them.

• Duopoly

March 25, 2017 at 2:48 pm

I’ll be ordering my stage from the South African
    Xpole site. They give the option of collecting your orders directly from the warehouse, or organising your own courier if you find that their shipping method is too expensive or somehow inconvenient to you. LyraPole, have you tried calling/emailing xpole to see what options you have?