StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Titanium vs Chrome

• Titanium vs Chrome

Posted by imonmywaydown on April 29, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I haven’t posted on here before so hello everyone https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

I have a chrome pole (original X-pole 50mm) but I’m thinking about buying one of the new titanium gold xpert poles when they’re back in stock.

I was wondering if anyone has used a titanium pole and a chrome pole before who could tell me the main differences between the two? Or are there no real differences except knowing the titanium ones are made of a better material? I’ve never used a titanium pole before as I don’t know anyone who has one, but I want to try out one of the new xpert poles and don’t know whether to go for titanium or stick with another chrome (I’m going to keep my old pole up so I’ll have two). Is the titanium worth the extra money?

Thanks!

jeng replied 13 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

April 29, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I have not tried the titanium gold but have heard that the grip is similar to a brass pole.

• imonmywaydown

April 29, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Thanks for the reply chem 🙂

I just found an article about titanium poles saying how they are much easier to grip BUT that the titanium gold finish tends to wear off quickly and can become discoloured with use. Can anyone speak from experience?

I just saw that on the Australian X-Pole website they have titanium ones with a matt silver finish, which I would LOVE but I live in the UK 🙁

• Veena

Administrator
    April 29, 2010 at 11:22 pm

I have several x poles. And I love my 45mm Titanium gold the most! I have not yet had the finish wear off and I have use brass pole and the finish is very comparable. I gets VERY grippy when warm. My only problem was when we had high humidity, I seemed to grip and slip at the same time….but I think it was Sapphire, on here had a similar issue with her brass pole. I really love the TG if your looking for a pole that is great for advanced dancers, I feel new dancers would find the pole too grippy for static spins and wow, you can have some nasty pole burn on the TG! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_geek.gif

• PoleSkivvies

April 30, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Not sure what the weather is like where you live (we get cold, dry winters here) but when I switched from stainless to TG, it was like the world of pole opened up to me. I could finally stop fighting the pole, futilely trying to get grip, and actually focus on dancing. Love the TG!

• imonmywaydown

April 30, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Thanks for the replies 🙂

After reading your replies I NEED to have a titanium gold pole!! I keep looking at the spot where I want my new pole up and I’m starting to imagine it as a TG one now. I have a real problem with grip because my hands get slippery very easily (even with liquid chalk) so it would be nice to have a pole where I don’t have to either wear gloves or slip off it every minute 😀 As I’m going to keep both poles up I think it would be good to have one that’s really grippy and one that isn’t.

The pole burn doesn’t sound too fun though! I bruise and scar very easily so that should be interesting!

Thanks again for the help.

• jeng

May 1, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I have had both titanium and chrome. Much prefer the titanium. Much grippier than chrome although yesterday it was so hot that I had a hard time gripping with my hands cause they were too sweaty although the rest of my body stuck to the pole nicely.