StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tips for reverse grab?

• Tips for reverse grab?

Posted by LatinPoler on January 22, 2018 at 12:37 am

Hi everyone,

I struggle with reverse grab moves. My shoulder flexibility is not great, besides, my lower body is much heavier than my upper body, so I’ve thought many times that the reverse grab is not for me. I’m talking about reverse grab moves in general, not only the spin. I can do the ballerina spin on spinning pole now, and the Juliet spin on static; these are moves I could not do a few months ago, I think I’m improving, so it may not be that impossible for me.

Any tips to improve reverse grab? Veena, would you consider doing an IG live about reverse grab and then putting it up on the tips section as you just did for Butterfly?

Thanks a million!

LatinPoler replied 6 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 22, 2018 at 3:22 am

This would be a great option for this Fridays IG live!!!!!

Have you done any of the conditioning work or stretches for the shoulders on a regular yet? They can really help, because you need both strength and flexibility to have a healthy shoulder. This has got me ready to make some notes for Friday!!!!!!!

• StrangeFox

January 22, 2018 at 4:25 am

Oooh! I’d be so into this, too! I’m really bad at reverse grab. I have very little stability/strength in my shoulders and I’ve been doing the resistance band training on here which has helped immensely. I have enough shoulder flexibility for iguana but can’t seem to do ballerina spin or Juliet spin.

• LatinPoler

January 23, 2018 at 12:17 am

Thanks! Yes, I do shoulder conditioning and stretches, a little randomly, as I have not followed any special program on this yet, but I think at least once a week, if not twice. Kind of regurlar. Interestingly, my dominant side shoulder is stronger but less flexy, while the other is weaker but has wider range of motion… It probably makes sense 🙂 I can do Juliet and ballerina on my good side only, frankly, I have not tried on the other side since I’m afraid to hurt myself. I look forward to the tips! Thanks Veena for considering it. You are the best!!!