StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tedx Talk, Burlesque Dancer

• Tedx Talk, Burlesque Dancer

Posted by 33barbwire on January 30, 2016 at 8:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME-c0l8oTkY

This is a video I referred to in a comment once and meant to share it. Here I am finally getting to that! This lady’s energy is so cool, positive and upbeat. The main takeaways I got from this was about having a varied visual diet (seeking visual representation of as many body types as possible, though I started extending this to seeking as many pole performance styles as possible), and having courage references (when you do something that makes you feel brave, file it away and pull it back out when you’re not feeling brave).

JarahHunnie9406 replied 8 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Arcsis

January 31, 2016 at 5:07 am

This is an awesome video! But good god, if you want to keep your blood pressure down, don’t read the comments. >:|

• Arie

January 31, 2016 at 12:55 pm

She was wonderful! Her story about seeing different types of bodies in burlesque and learning to love her own sounds a lot like the experience I’ve had with pole. Seeing different body shapes look beautiful pole dancing has done wonders for my body image; I’m finally comfortable in my skin.

I was heavily involved in another form of dance prior to poling, and although the community would promote loving your body as it is, I couldn’t help but notice that I didn’t see a variation of body type, which had a terrible effect on me.

Well…Thank goodness for pole.

• 33barbwire

January 31, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Arcsis – you said not to, and I should’ve listened. I checked the comments because I usually never pay attention to youtube comments. Now I remember why I don’t do that. Two comments in I was like, yeeaaaah no.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 2, 2016 at 3:43 am

Thank you for sharing this!!

• JarahHunnie9406

February 2, 2016 at 5:47 am

Omg I love this!!!