StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sweaty hands

• Sweaty hands

Posted by Lauriewaldenburg8124 on August 1, 2019 at 5:57 pm

I get sweaty hands after every move and then cant grip the pole what should I do. I use a paper towel to wipe the pole but my hands I use sanitizer but it doesnt work well and I’m so new to this .. anyone help???

Sammy Sparkles replied 4 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Neesy118

August 1, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Rubbing alcohol is a good start. There are lots of hood grip aids available too. Also, Veena has a thread here with how to make your own grip aid, I believe. You should be able to type it in the search box.

• Lauriewaldenburg8124

August 1, 2019 at 8:21 pm

Thank you for the response.. I’m going to check the website now. I order a grip aid and tried it out but, it’s so sticky I feel I could use it to climb up the wall like Spider-Man lol. What I dont like is it sticks on my pole so I don’t like to use it.

• LatinPoler

August 1, 2019 at 9:46 pm

I use Tite grip (antiperspirant) 30 min before poling + Dry hands on top as needed when I’m poling and they work wonders for me. These are available in the USA, not sure where you are from. There are also pole dancing sticky gloves from Mighty Grip which I purchased but I don’t recommend – they give that Spider-Man feeling and I don’t like it. Honestly I find it even dangerous, if your hand is too grippy, gets caught somewhere like behind your kneepit and you need to release it.

• Lauriewaldenburg8124

August 2, 2019 at 2:23 am

Thanks for the response I’m ordering that right now!! When I was younger I used to play on the monkey bars but, I never got sweaty hands like I do pole dancing.. lol idk why I get it so bad literally after one move haha

• Sammy Sparkles

August 2, 2019 at 6:11 am

Dry Hands is my favourite grip aid for pole. For hoop I use chalk or nothing.

• amelia2000

August 2, 2019 at 5:43 pm

I have tite grip and liquid chalk and neither work for me.
    I’m too lazy to order anything else and find I hate it haha so I just use vinegar on a small towel on the pole and wipe my hands on that every so often. You could use a high percentage alcohol too. Vinegar/alcohol remove sweat from the pole and from the skin too.

Just to make you feel better- the monkey bars are horizontal and have a narrower diameter, it makes a difference! Like aerial hoops have a smaller diameter too 😉

Also climate makes a difference particularly in summer if you don’t have air conditioning. Now it’s summer I ideally have to pole in the morning unless it’s a cold day, and also have the window(s) open.

• Sammy Sparkles

August 2, 2019 at 11:36 pm

I’m having a way easier time on the pole now that it’s summer. My pole has like no grip in -30 C.