StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sticky Chrome, Witch Drop, and Python Qs

• Sticky Chrome, Witch Drop, and Python Qs

Posted by StrangeFox on January 5, 2018 at 4:23 am

I have a couple of questions..

1) Anyone else find chrome waaaay stickier than brass?
    2) Is there another name for witch drop? (I will post a vid…you’re upright in a little ball and you drop. I just learned it and can’t remember something so wanted to watch a vid of someone else doing it but can’t find one).
    3) If I cannot keep my bottom leg in python straight is that a hamstring flexibility issue or confidence? I tend to bend the knee and come into am elbow hold genie instead.
    4) For your bottom leg, do you have to use your ankle, or can you use the bottom of your foot in python?

Thanks in advance for answers, guys! 🙂

StrangeFox replied 6 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

January 5, 2018 at 5:18 am

1. Not me. Brass is like uncomfortablely sticky for me. Unless you use too much dry hands then it gets frosty and slick.

2. Sad girl drop?

3…etc. I need to look up python. Not sure what it is 😂

• Rachel Osborne

January 6, 2018 at 12:57 am

I find brass too sticky
    Sad girl or drama queen drop
    Python is usually bottom leg turned out and ankle placed on pole, outside arm hand holds shin of the hooking leg and inside arm hand either hangs down or holds the ankle of the straight leg. There’s a Python variation with the foot on the pole like Cupid (see my pic) and in this variation it’s pretty hard to hold the ankle unless you are super flexible.

• StrangeFox

January 6, 2018 at 3:07 am

Thanks so much AllysonKendal and TropicalVertical! Your replies are much appreciated!

AllysonKendal – that happens to me with brass, too! My skin is dry and cold and tends to produce its own dusty grip-aid so I find brass can be slippy for me at times.

TropicalVertical – That python variation looks so cool! More incentive for me to get flexy. Heck, I don’t think I’m flexy enough yet for a regular python but it’s something to work on.

I think you ladies are right about sad girl drop – the hand placement we use is different but that’s more for safety and security, I think. I’ll post a vid of me doing a small drop to show you what I mean.

• Rachel Osborne

January 6, 2018 at 4:55 am

The python variation in the pic I posted requires less flexibility than regular python: the arm isn’t grabbing the bottom ankle 🙃. The main thing with python is a pole-crushing knee pit squeeze with lots of hamstring effort, it’s like Cupid. The main area you need flexibility is side body bend. You can prep on the floor by sitting in wide straddle and leaning sideways to put right hand to left foot and vice versa. When in python push the back of the tricep into the pole to help you stick on

• StrangeFox

January 6, 2018 at 8:45 pm

Thanks TropicalVertical! I’m working on a bunch of knee pit moves to see what “clicks” – I’m having some issues with really gripping with my knee pit when I’m upright or to the side. Oddly…practicing this move helped me figure genie out – lol! I’m going to start stretching so I can maybe reach my foot when I finally nail this one!