StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sticking to the Pole and Menopause

• Sticking to the Pole and Menopause

Posted by Diana Kurtz on February 5, 2023 at 2:47 am

Hello! I used to use just Dry Hands for the pole and no problem. Now that I’ve been going through perimenopause I find that dry hands doesn’t work as well. Sometimes when the pole is cold I actually stick better (especially when having a hot flash) and other times it feels like nothing works. I’ve tried rubbing alcohol, using “tacky” grip aid and it either doesn’t work or it becomes too sticky and I can’t spin around the pole. I was recently told that the pole used by the studio is stainless steel which is more slippery. Any thoughts or tips?

Veena replied 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 7, 2023 at 1:50 am

I wish I knew how to help you!

You could try buying a wrap if you don’t mind not being able to do static spins.

• Lavenia Price

February 8, 2023 at 8:27 pm

Do your hands sweat a lot? Have you always used something to grip the pole? I ask this because even some of my pole ladies with hyperhidrosis have been able to grip the pole manageably and after poling for some time, they will use dry hands or dew point but only 3 drops at a time.

• Diana Kurtz

February 10, 2023 at 4:32 am

When I get nervous, my hands sweat, but otherwise they are dry which is new. Someone recently told me that it may be how I am gripping the pole, but I’m not sure

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2023 at 3:43 pm
  • gina g

February 11, 2023 at 9:27 pm

I had this same problem

• Diana Kurtz

February 12, 2023 at 6:28 am

I will try your recipe, thank you!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 12, 2023 at 5:41 pm

For me the spray alone doesn’t work, I HAVE to add the powder to get the tackiness I need. The spray provides the moisture my skin doesn’t have so if you have oily or sweat a lot the spray probably won’t help.

If it’s sweaty skin causing the trouble things like carpe lotion https://mycarpe.com/ or gamer goo https://gamergoo.com/ are antiperspirants!