StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Staying in shape while recovering?

• Staying in shape while recovering?

Posted by deboxley7771 on January 3, 2019 at 6:43 pm

This may be addressed elsewhere and if so, if someone has a link? After about 6 mos of pole lessons in a studio (and making good progress, as well as loving it) I find I have to have surgery on my arm for nerve impingement due to years of overuse on a keyboard. I also developed pretty painful wrist tendonitis, which the wrist straps don’t really address. The right wrist is pretty pain-free umtil I do some pole work and then I can’t hardly do anything with that hand without a lot of pain in the tendon.

Anyway, I have had my husband install a new floor, a beautiful Lupit spin pole, mirrors ect and now I just feel stupid and aggravated to have gone to all that trouble when I can’t get on the pole. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, but decided that I will just do my utmost to get into better shape strength wise and do whatever I need to as far as PT etc, so that when I come back I can be stronger and more flexible than ever! Is there a recommended routine sequence for upper body/lower body/core and flexibility somewhere in these pages? Just like my pole, I did a fair amount of research before buying a year of Veena lessons, so I don’t doubt it’s been addressed before. Thanking anyone/everyone for any input.. 🙂 Deb

Veena replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • mystical

January 4, 2019 at 11:04 pm

there are some wrist conditioning exercises in the conditioning lessons that you can try, there are routines for strength, core, lower body, back and shoulders, flexibility and stretches. plus there are individual lessons for each movement that are in the routines. hope this helped…

you can look at the 30 day take off and see if thats something you would be able to do.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 4, 2019 at 11:33 pm

Yes, for sure check out the hand and wrist strength lessons found in the Conditioning section! https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view_category/conditioning-exercises