StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Stainless steel pole

• Stainless steel pole

Posted by karulina on May 10, 2020 at 7:45 pm

Hi guys, i am newbie poledancer. I bought Lupit pole first. There were some problems, so i bought xpole pro one. When i “dance” 😀 pole is heating by my hands. There are some places which are really warm and super slick. I am using Lupit pad which is good, but after two or three touches the grip disappears. Is stainless steel bad choice? I love the durability of this material😍. Thanks for your expirience.

Veena replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    May 11, 2020 at 6:22 pm

Hi! Have you tried not using any grip aid? Not everyone needs it. I don’t know what the Lupit pad is for, sweaty hands or to add grip/tack? Not all grip aids do the same thing so it’s important to know what you’re using and why.

It’s normal for any pole finish to warm as the hands move around it, and it’s what you want! Stainless steal is a fine choice and with the right grip aids and strength training for the hands any finish is workable.

So first don’t use any grip aid and try dancing. Figure out if you have sweaty hands, dry or maybe the work great without any grip!

• Micheru

May 11, 2020 at 7:19 pm

The lupit pad is for adding tack and doesn’t help with sweating. I find it great for the body but not fur my hands.

• karulina

May 11, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Thanks for your replies:). I am afraid i have sweaty hands. I tried only use alcohol as a cleanser today. I had to wipe pole after a few spins. When i am learning spins (both sides) i am using same area where my top hand starts. This area is very hot after a few tries. Do you have some recommendation for me? Should i try some “dry hands” product? I dont have expirience, i didnt have problem in studio (there were xpole chrome). Will it be better, when i strengthen my grip?

• Micheru

May 11, 2020 at 10:13 pm

I would do both. You can use dry hands to help with tricks, but don’t forget to train your grip strength as well.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 11, 2020 at 11:50 pm

It’s normal for that area to get hot, be sure you’re taking a break to let your hands and pole rest. Work on something off the pole for a minute or two. If you are not slipping from sweaty hands then don’t worry about using anything…if it’s just a hot pole that’s normal. If you’re slipping from sweat, yes, you can try dry hands. Strengthening the hands is ALWAYS recommended.