StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Stainless Steel or Chrome finishes please.

• Stainless Steel or Chrome finishes please.

Posted by Newbie4Pole on July 8, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Hello there: I am new to pole and have been only taken lessons for 4 weeks. I want to buy an X-pole, but I don’t know what finishes to get. I want to get either stainless steel or chrome. I am able to touch both finishes in my studio, but I can’t tell the difference. I don’t think I am allergic to the chrome finish, but I don’t’ like the idea of the chrome layer will eventually rub off on my skin. Should I get stainless steel then? I have heard that stainless steel will last forever. Which one is better for me? I live in a cold climate and I have dry hands. I hope someone can help. Is stainless steel really slippery? I haven’t try working out with the stainless steel pole and I have only touch it. However, it feels the same as the chrome. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Newbie4Pole replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • LatinPoler

July 8, 2019 at 4:17 pm

I’ve tried both and I cannot feel the difference either. I have Xpole chrome at home and the studio poles are Lupit Stainless Steel. They chose that finish to avoid allergies, as many people use those poles. If you are not allergic, then you probably can chose any.

• Val Pepper

July 8, 2019 at 11:29 pm

I was wondering about the same thing, but then I decided to get the chrome. It just arrived. Wish me luck 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    July 10, 2019 at 12:58 pm

Not all SS finishes are equal, and the new SS that xpole makes I’ve never tried. I do know stainless and brass from Platinum stages are amazing! I have both! I also have xpole, PC, chrome, TG and brass.

Go with a pole finish that fits your budget best because with the right grip aids you can make any finish work. 💜

• Newbie4Pole

July 11, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Thank you everyone for your advice!!

Val Pepper: How do you like your chrome pole??

• Newbie4Pole

July 12, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Veena, you are right about using the right grip aids. I’ve made my decision & ordered the Xpole Xpert Pro 45 mm in stainless steel finish! I love that it won’t irritate my skin or leave any residue behind.

Again, thanks a lot for all of your help!