StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Spotty X-Pole

• Spotty X-Pole

Posted by scarlett 707 on October 17, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Hi Everyone! I've been off the site for a while since I got married a few months ago and am ready to get back into the groove, finally! I've had an chrome x-pole xpert for over 3 years now, using it not as often as I should. It's always cleaned before & after a workout with straight rubbing alcohol & a clean washcloth. I just noticed I have a TON of little brown rusty looking specs all over the pole and have no idea when they started or why.

I noticed them maybe 5 months ago only on the most used spots- ie on the upper pole where my grip is the most often, but now they appear to be allover and make the pole feel a little rough. The alcohol will not clean it off either =( I live on the coast in northern CA, we get fog like portland so humidity is always there and nearly none of the local homes have heating/air including our own (our temp stays between 50 & 70 year round). Could they really be rust spots maybe caused by the environment? How do I fix it?? Thanks ladies!

MonikaB replied 10 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

October 17, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I would call X Pole.  There is a product out that is amazing but I would not use it on my pole without checking with them first.  BTW, the product is called Quick Glo.  http://www.quick-glo.com/  It is hands down the best rust remover on chrome I have ever used (also great for bicycles, bumpers and wheels).

• Autumn Sky

October 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Yup, there rust spots! I had the same thing happen to my titanium gold pole. I bought it in April. In July(when it started getting humid) I started noticing the spots, and when I would wipe down my pole, there would be a brown tint on my white pole rag. I know the directions say do not store your pole in your car or in a shed where it could become damp/humid, but I thought in my pole room it was safe.  It was not. My pole room is detached from the house and is not consistently climate controlled, so when not in use, it gets very humid in there, especially in summer.

Luckily, I found mine very early. As soon as I realized what was happening, I started bringing my pole into the house when not in use. The highly used area's on my pole seem to have smoothed out some. I never looked into seeing if there was anything to actually remove the spots that are already there. I think I am going to take Chem's suggestion and contact x-pole to see what they recommend.

• scarlett 707

October 18, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Thanks ladies! I put an e-mail into x-pole and will let you know what they say!

-Autumn Sky- I wish I could just move it- that would be so much easier! It is already in my master bedroom, the only room with a heater, but I live like 2 blocks from the ocean so there is constantly salt water & humidity in the air. Everything rusts super quick around here =(

• MonikaB

October 19, 2013 at 1:40 am

Hi Scarlet! I have exactly the same thing happen with my titanium gold pole after just 4 months! I contacted x-pole and they said it was rust due to the humidity as I live in Tanzania across the road from the beach and it is hot and humid all year round! They suggested I use the stainless steel poles instead as they are better suited to this climate! Good luck and happy poling! Xo