StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Splits everyday?

• Veena

Administrator
    July 13, 2020 at 9:40 pm

You don’t need to train everyday for splits. In fact training the same muscle groups over and over can lead to more tightness. Stretching after every pole or workout session is good and should only take a few mins.

Training for a specific goal like splits is best kept at 2 or 3 times per week. More on this in my 30 days to flexy program

• turututu45458114

July 19, 2020 at 11:45 am

Thank you!

• Juicy J

July 23, 2020 at 1:14 pm

Hi Veena,

That’s great advice. Funnily enough, I asked 2 of my most trusted instructors about my current stretching routine today as I’ve been experiencing a lot of muscle soreness and tightness in my splits training.
    One of them also said no more than 2 x deep sessions of training per week on the Middle Splits/Straddle & Front Splits quite similarly to you.
    If you don’t mind me asking, how come 2-3 sessions of deep stretching seems to be the magic number?

I finally got a flat front split as of early June on both sides but I’m still tingly when I’m in them (it took me 78 days of religiously stretching for them 5-6 days a week!). I struggle to take my hands off the floor as it’s just uncomfortable but I can sit in it for 1.5 minutes.
    I’m not far off in my Straddle and my chest is not too far from the floor and I’m about 15cm off the floor in my Middle Split.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 24, 2020 at 2:33 pm

It’s 2 to 3 days because your muscles need time to recover. Rest is just as important at training for both flexibility and strength gains.

• Juicy J

July 24, 2020 at 11:38 pm

Thanks heaps, Veena. It seems the days to recover from sore muscles may be longer than we expect!