StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Splits challenge 2016 – nearly there!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 9, 2016 at 8:05 pm

I love the look on your face!

• Milena Stoyanova

February 9, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Amazing progress:-) Well done:-)

• Sayra

February 9, 2016 at 11:03 pm

So how are you getting there? I’m looking to make some progress on this too. I’ve been doing the front splits flexibility lesson 1-2 times a week, but progress is sloowww.

• Adventures of Alice

February 10, 2016 at 6:58 am

Hi Sayra.

I didn’t expect it to happen yesterday (thus the pajamas).

I’ve been stretching 2-3 times per week since Jan 1st. Progress had halted so yesterday was the first time I had stretched for splits in over a week.

Your muscles need to be nice and warm. Before I started stretching I had done some resistance band exercises for the shoulders,legs and butt (just chosen randomly from YouTube). Then I stretched my back a bit using a yoga wheel.

When I started my usual splits stretches I was conscious that they felt easier and I could get deeper into the stretches than before.

Maybe it was a combination of being really warmed up, stretching my whole body and that I had rested from stretching for a while.

Anyway, keep at it and I’m sure you will progress…it takes different times for different people.

Good luck x

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Saryra, try the 30 days to flexy program here! 💜 Also, slow progress is totally normal in flexibility!

• Sayra

February 10, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep working on it.

30 Day to Flexy is on my to-do list, but I saw so much improvement strength-wise with the 30 Day Take Off that I’m repeating it again (with other pole work). 😉