StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Splits Flexibility

• Splits Flexibility

Posted by scarielley7579 on March 22, 2019 at 1:01 am

Hi All!
    I have been trying to get my splits for MONTHS. I cant seem to break the last few inches. Im doing a contortion flexibility video 4 days of the week and I feel more bendy BUT WHEN WILL I FINALLY GET THE SPLITS? I hear some people get them in 30 days! I’m way beyond that.
    Can anyone give more suggestions and let me know WHEN THE PAIN WILL GO AWAY and How long it took them?

scarielley7579 replied 5 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • MissUkamaka

March 22, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Sigh…

I have been described as a block of wood — I am so stiff!

I think patience is key. I hope to progress in my splits as well.

• scarielley7579

March 22, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Ugh you are Rt, patience is key. I wish I had a crystal ball to see WHEN we will get there. 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️.
    I’m still in for the challenge if you are!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 22, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Time!! Yep, there are claims of “get your split in x amount of days” really though, a true increase in flexibility takes time, often YEARS of consistent training. Have you tried the 30 days to flexy program here? The flomotion lessons are a nice way to change up static training too.

• scarielley7579

March 22, 2019 at 9:01 pm

Ooooh I need to try the 30 day program here! Changing up my routine may be exactly what I need!
    I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
    Thank you!

• LatinPoler

March 25, 2019 at 12:59 am

It really depends on the each individual so unfortunately that question does not have an answer. You are doing great by being consistent, I think that’s key. Keep at it. Also don’t push it too much, be gentle to yourself. Patience and time as others said. Flexibility progress is made in millimeters.
    You can try to hold your stretches longer (at least 30 seconds).
    Make sure you are feeling really warm. Use legwarmers and layers of clothes. In Summer, turn off the A/C. Maybe use a back warmer, that may sound counter intuitive for leg flexibility but it will help you raise your core and therefore your full body temperature. I’m way stiffer when it’s cold!
    If you are close to the ground, you can use a yoga block under the front foot to increase the stretch, like an oversplit. Some people claim this works wonders for the last inches… did not work for me though.

• scarielley7579

March 25, 2019 at 5:18 am

This is so helpful! I’m going to make sure I have my body warm and wear my leg warmers. I’m way more bendy when I’m warm. Thank you!

• amelia2000

March 26, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Maybe 4 times a week is putting too much pressure on yourself? Leg training like lunges (ideally variants where you hold for longer, like with an upper body twist, or make it harder by putting back leg on a yoga block), squats, abduction training with resistance bands should help too because you also need strength to be flexible.

• scarielley7579

March 26, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Ooooh ok. I sometimes become obsessed and go too hard with things. Maybe I should back off a day and i like what you said about the DEEP lunge twist!
    Thank you!!