StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Silly question about copy right music

• Silly question about copy right music

Posted by quancutie23 on September 22, 2020 at 11:56 pm

I went on YouTube to get my answers and I am still confuse…
    So can I play music IN The background while I record myself pole dancing. Or will it get fine or block like on Facebook
    A lot of my friends have gotten their videos block or deleted. Other write I do not own the rights of this song in the description box. Others only play like 30 seconds of the song while others look up copy right songs they can use. So is it safe here on this site. How can people do it on tiptoe but not other platforms

Phoenix fire bird replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Corrie

September 26, 2020 at 2:13 am

The way I understand it is that each platform (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc) have different relationships with recording companies and so each of them have different copyright agreements. I used to work in the music industry and its not the same across platforms, for a variety of reasons. Each platform though has code to identify certain songs – and in some cases, those songs are banned outright (like I tried to post a Guns and Roses song and my whole video got taken down) OR in some cases, songs are only banned in certain countries (like I have one song by an Icelandic band I love, but it is ONLY banned in Iceland, Russia and a few other places). It’s always case by case.

Writing “I do not own this song” doesn’t do much – the codes that search for the songs don’t read the captions. I find its kind of a “try it and see” sort of thing. You never know until you try! 🙂

• Phoenix fire bird

October 2, 2020 at 7:04 am

I’d love to know this too as its impossible to dance and for people to get the whole feel of it without music so I wonder how these dance tutorial channels and people who upload a video of themselves dancing at a music event. Such a grey area! I wish it was more black and white xxx