StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Scapula pull-ups on pole vs. pull up bar

• Scapula pull-ups on pole vs. pull up bar

Posted by LatinPoler on May 10, 2021 at 3:18 pm

Hi all,
    I’m doing some PT sessions to fix/improve my shoulders for pole. They recommended scapula pull ups using a pull up bar to work on the scapula up and down movement when hanging. I don’t have a pull up bar at home but of course I have a pole. 😊
    Question: would it be OK to do the scapula pull ups on the pole? The grip is of course different… hands together and one higher than the other, vs. the symmetric pull up bar grip with arms parallel. I don’t mind getting a pull up bar if I need to, they are inexpensive.
    Thanks!!

LatinPoler replied 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    May 10, 2021 at 6:05 pm

You could use the pole, but I’d buy the bar so you can vary your grip and hand distance. Doing that will more fully target the scapula and it’s movement.

• LatinPoler

May 10, 2021 at 8:39 pm

Thanks Veena!!!

• monica kay

May 12, 2021 at 12:29 am

I got my pull up bar from TJ Maxx for only $17! try looking at places like target/ tjMaxx/ Walmart- they have sports sections with very good prices

• LatinPoler

May 12, 2021 at 2:46 pm

Thanks!! Yes, I’ve eyed a couple on Amazon and Target, both about $25. I may have a look at TJmax or Marshalls, love those stores! But I’m sure I’ll come back home with something else, not only the bar. That will happen in Target too 🤣
    By the way, I did the pull ups yesterday on the pole and felt waaaay harder than on the pull up bar. Definitely getting the bar and doing both, alternating!

• amelia2000

May 15, 2021 at 8:14 pm

I try to do arms only pull up pole climbs with straddle legs regularly, this is a fantastic strength builder (and energy killer haha I can’t do many reps). You can go into a pole sit between pulls if you’re not strong enough for arms only

Big achievement for me is that I can get halfway up the pole from the floor without going into a sit between pulls.

• LatinPoler

May 16, 2021 at 3:12 am

Thanks Amelia! Yes, that’s a killer strength move too.

• monica kay

May 17, 2021 at 7:47 pm

LatinPoler: HAHAHAH i totally get what you are saying. i go to tj maxx for one thing and haul out an entire cart of things that I justify as “gifts” but actually just keep them for myself (SMH!!)

• LatinPoler

May 18, 2021 at 3:12 am

I ended up getting the pull-up bar from Amazon to avoid temptations 😅