StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rotator cuff tear, fractured wrist

• Rotator cuff tear, fractured wrist

Posted by sylvia27 on March 12, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I have a rotator cuff tear on my right arm and a fractured wrist on my left wrist. I’ve been in pain for about 8 months and barely found out with MRI results. All this time Dr. told me it was a shoulder strain or impingement but my last Dr ordered the mri and i finally know whats wrong with me. I will have surgery on my shoulder in April so I will be off the pole for a while. As far as my wrist it is keinbock’s disease where the wrist bone dies because of bloody supply and it fractures. I have to immobilize it for 3 months. I need help. I’m in search of fun workouts I can do before I go insane. Any tips would be helpful. Stretching, yoga, cardio, aerial yoga without using my arms, etc.

ironmaiden2 replied 2 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • poledanceromance

March 12, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Holy shit I am so sorry you’re dealing with that kind of injury 🙁 that sounds really painful! If you’re really going nuts, this may sound silly but I absolutely love walking outside! Really power walking for cardio, very fast pace. It’s a great way to see an area, take in all the little details you don’t notice just driving by. When the weather is nice, it’s really just enjoyable and gets the blood flowing. I like to walk through areas with historic homes!

• Kristina Rose

March 12, 2014 at 10:42 pm

My left rotator cuff was torn in 2 places. I had surgery in February of last year. It is very rough to recover from it. It takes a lot to get it back to normal, and I am still not 100% recovered. Some poling is difficult when I need to use it, but it definitely has helped with strength and stretching that I NEED. I feel bad for you because the insanity is yet to come with that surgery and rehab. .lol. I agree that walking would be a great way to exercise and relax your mind from just “Life” in general. . Good luck with your surgery and rehab, I pray that all goes well 🙂

• smokinangel

March 14, 2014 at 8:20 am

Yikes! I’m sorry 🙁
    Walking is awesome. If you want something more intense, try insanity. They do have some push-up/arm moves, but they are easily skippable. I like to do that as a cardio/cross training on days my arms are sore!
    Luck with recovery!

• sylvia27

March 15, 2014 at 1:45 am

Thanks ladies for the replies, I will so all od the above. Walking continue to do weight with my legs, cycling as well If anyone knows some yoga type thing I can do please let me know thanks, Sylvia

• sallybenz

March 16, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Have you tried Piloxing (combines pilates, non-contact boxing and ballet/dance)? The boxing component can be modified and omitted if necessary. I have been a certified instructor for the last two years. I discovered it when I was recovering from knee and foot surgery. I had never experienced such a challenging all over toning/cardio workout that was low impact and easy on the joints.
    Good luck. My heart goes out to you.

Monica

• sylvia27

March 19, 2014 at 10:14 pm

No Monica. I’ve never done or heard of piloxing, but it sounds interesting. I will definitely look it up so I can try it. Thanks.

• sallybenz

March 20, 2014 at 8:11 am

I forgot to mention that I currently have 2 partial rotator cuff tears (confirmed by MRI) and the Piloxing does not aggravate them 🙂 I am modifying my other workouts including pole in the hope that the tears will heal and I can avoid surgery!

• sylvia27

March 20, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Monica. Is it possible to heal from a rotator cuff tear without surgery I am pending inSurance to approve the surgery so if I do it would be in April so in the meantime I’m trying to rest it as much as I can. I haven’t done anything ith my arm in almost 2 months and its still painful. I tried therapy and meds prior with no help that’s why I ask if it really heals.

• sallybenz

March 20, 2014 at 2:25 pm

It is my understanding that partial rotator cuff tears can often heal without surgery although that is not always the case. Full thickness rotator cuff tears cannot heal without surgery. My orthopaedic physician said it is a 6 to 9 month recovery for rotator cuff surgery which is why I really want to avoid it. I have knee surgery next month and that is enough thank you very much lol

• ironmaiden2

December 28, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Hello, I want to know if you ladies have healed from your rotator cuff tears. I’m 40 and I just got my MRI result, confirmed supraspinatus tear. 🙁 meeting my doc after the holidays and hoping surgery is not required. But even if it is, I’d be ok with it as long as I heal and can continue to pole/workout in the future.