StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Rainbow marchenko

• Rainbow marchenko

Posted by wino on October 29, 2018 at 10:50 am

My goal is to get into rainbow marchenko, but I dont know where to start practicing. Any tips?

wino replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • GiedreB

November 3, 2018 at 10:37 pm

Stretch stretch stretch! In my humble opinion, that’s where you should start. I believe you should feel completely comfortable in a standing needle split before even trying to attempt the Rainbow Marchenko. Good luck!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 4, 2018 at 7:07 pm

It would help to know where you’re level of flexibility and pole is right now.

• wino

November 5, 2018 at 6:54 pm

I’m ok flexible and tend to gain flexibility really fast, I got my splits after maybe 6-7 stretching sessions. I’m on advanced pole classes and pole at home too 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    November 6, 2018 at 11:26 pm

Great! Being naturally flexy is always helpful. Often people find they are able to gain flexibility fast in one area, like the hips or hamstrings and find the shoulders or back challenging.

I’m not sure what advanced classes look like for your studio, but I’d say you should have a solid ballerina aka eagle and moves like the dove or bridge before working towards the RM.

It’s important to not only stretch but strengthen the muscle you’ll be using.

These lessons will help! Camel stretch, up and over stretch, shoulder clock stretch, reverse shoulder stretch, upper back stretch, upper back and shoulder stretch and advanced ballerina stretch, and foot to head stretch!

• wino

November 7, 2018 at 12:31 am

I’ll start with those, thank you so much!