StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole with sharp edge

• Pole with sharp edge

Posted by dl27293687355 on April 29, 2023 at 11:28 am

Hi guys! I have an x-pole pro and I’ve had it since February. Recently, I’ve been doing more flow type moves that require sliding your hands down the pole. I got cut twice from my pole doing low flow moves and only then I realized that there is a sharp ridge on one of the edges of the pole.

Prior to this i was using my pole 1-2x a week max and never had any concerns. I wipe it with alcohol. I either never noticed it because I was always in the air on spin and never doing fast drops and what not or something changed in two months which I can’t identify what would cause this.

Sent an email to xpole but if they say I’m at fault for this and can’t afford the a pole replacement, any ideas on what i can do/cover this with? Is there anything you think that may caused this in the span of two months. Like I said I’ve used it a handful times, use 99% isopropyl alcohol as the website recommended, use dri grip, and wore heels once on it. Thank you!

dl27293687355 replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    April 29, 2023 at 1:38 pm

It looks like a flaw in the chrome. I don’t see how they could say it’s your fault.

I have a sharp piece on my newest xpole in the hole for the joint and I get scratched up from it! I also didn’t notice right away. I try to avoid it for now but I’ll probably put some tape over it. My pole is brass.

Contacting xpole is your best option. Hopefully they’ll replace that piece.

• dl27293687355

April 29, 2023 at 3:08 pm

I was thinking the tape too while waiting for them to respond. Were you going to use a specific tape or scotch tape? Want to make sure Im not putting something on abrasive

• Veena

Administrator
    April 29, 2023 at 3:13 pm

Gaffers tape! Won’t ruin the pole, comes off easily but stays well too.

• dl27293687355

April 29, 2023 at 4:49 pm

Thank you so much!