StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole “stage” name

• HollySatine

February 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I picked my name by combining the names of two movie characters I felt drawn to – Holly from Breakfast at Tiffany's (classy, endearing and free-spirited) and Satine from Moulin Rouge (spicy, seductive and tragic). 

…Or you can google "stripper names" but that tends to be less personal unless there's a name that really strikes you as fitting. 

• miss v

February 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Holly – I love that idea. Thanks! 🙂

• KikiGeneres

February 16, 2011 at 8:32 am

We always used your frist pet and the street you grew up on.  Everyone's always came out hilarious except mine.  Oddly enough I liked it and it is what I use!  I had a terrier named "Kiki" and I grew up on "Generes Ave."……….. Hence, Kiki Generes!

• Charley

February 16, 2011 at 11:45 am

Charley is a combination of my first and last name but I need to come up with a last name now lol as Charley Pole isn't terribly believeable.

The first pet and street game – I love it – I'm "Frisky New York" using that method.

• Jenn PoleLush

February 16, 2011 at 11:56 am

Charley, I always wondered where it came from!  Mine is ridiculous, as I am, and I would like to change it…Pole(becuz I like to Pole) and Lush..becuz I also like my alcobolic bevvieshttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif…NOT together, mind you!

The other method, street and pet name, would give me Sammy Sexton..which ain't bad (we lived on Sexton side road in Essex)…

• Charley

February 16, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Sammy Sexton!  I love it!!!!!!

"because of my love of alcoholic bevvies" LOL – All I can think when I read that was "VODKA!"

I like Jenn Polelush but still often call you JennRN – like your name is JennRN, hahaha.

• SashaMae

February 16, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Ooh this is fun!! Hahaha mine would be Copper Willys. Sounds more like a sexy toy!

I like Holly Satines idea! Holly Golightly is one of my all time fav characters!!
    As a writer, do you have a favorite book character? I’m sure you’ll think of something…

• SugarPie301

February 16, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Mine is Cutie Pie. I think it’s fun to have stage names.

• Jenn PoleLush

February 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm

@Charley, yeah, you may hear me quivering and shreiking "VODKA"  on March 6…just sayin….lol

• monica kay

February 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm

@cutiepie: you could spell it: QTπ !!!

• Kira

February 16, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Everyone's name is so nice! haha I want to use Quinn as mine because I really like the character Harlequin from Batman but someone already had Harley and (at the time) I didn't know anyone that had Quinn. Then I found someone else had chosen it too, which isn't such a suprise, but I wanted something special haha. Others on my list were Sephira and Jasmine..

See I try to choose something related to stuff I really like – like I love birds(especially owls) and trawled through species names but nothing sounded much like a stage name haha. I've kind of given up finding a stage name but if you get it right it adds so much to your performance (I think).

Some cool stage names i've heard are Felix (duh), Roxy, Cleo, Chilli, Daisy, Rocket, Bunni, Ryder, Harley, Sapphire, Shimmy, Missy etc.etc. think you just go through words and find something that fits your personality!!

• HollySatine

February 16, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Ollie – if you like birds…have you thought about Robin?

• Runemist34

February 17, 2011 at 1:59 am

Kiki: My name, if we went with first pet and first street I lived on (lets say, first street I remember living on!) is Dusty Barclay. Personally, not really sexy, but kinda funny 😛

I REALLY like Sammy Sexton and Copper Willys! More for their comedic value, but still…you girls could pull them off! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Ollie: I've heard of a million names and they're all pretty similar. I had to come up with my own Burlesque name, and it took me FOREVER. I had to wade through all of those, because there are so many Roxy's, and Kitties, and all kinds of things!

I'm somewhat interested in the idea of taking two characters you're particularly drawn to and mushing them together. Gives one a good sense of what they're going for, considering the character traits are already there.

For reference, my Burlesque name is Patricia (from the song "Patricia the Stripper") Wiggles. My husband and I came up with it. I was wiggling for him. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Generally, though, I think my Burlesque self and my Pole self are different, they come from different parts of me. I'll have to consider!

• VinterVild

February 17, 2011 at 3:26 am

You could use a favourite move in your name, like dove or swan or gemini. Maybe not lunchbox or crucifix though 🙂

Fun thread, I now have two options if I ever need to get a stage name 🙂

• Jenn PoleLush

February 17, 2011 at 4:46 am

@VinterVild….I had to LOL at Lunchbox..that cracked me up…no, not too sexy https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif

Page 1 of 15