StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole doesn’t spin well

• Pole doesn’t spin well

Posted by katie8770 on December 4, 2019 at 2:10 pm

Hi again!

Making a separate thread since this is a different issue.

So my pole (xpole pro chrome) has been fine (spin wise) for all the basic spins, etc. But now that I’m doing butterflies, birds, planks, etc it seems to not spin as well. It slows WAY down to a complete stop sometimes, and then begins to spin the OTHER way.

On the weekend I tried 12 times to record a new video but I couldn’t because the pole kept stopping. I had practiced the same routine at class and everything was fine.

I had read that perhaps it could be because I over-tighten the pole? (I REALLY tighten it I know, but how does this affect the spin?) Is there anything else I can try? And how do you know how loose is safe? I obviously don’t want to be hanging upside down and it falls over.

I’m not sure why it suddenly spins backwards but any help would be appreciated.

This pole has been nothing but frustrating since I bought it and after spending $800 Canadian I cannot simply get a new one 🙁

Thank you

Veena replied 4 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    December 5, 2019 at 4:48 am

Sounds like you’ve over tightened the pole.

• katie8770

December 5, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Might be a dumb question, but how do you know how loose it can be so it doesn’t fall over? I didn’t know over-tightening was a thing. I definitely turn that thing until it’s almost impossible to turn anymore lol.

So how do you know? I picture the pole falling down, smashing into the wall making a gigantic hole, or worse, falling onto my parrot’s cage that’s within range. Would be horrible!!

Thanks 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    December 6, 2019 at 7:40 pm

That would be waaaaay too tight. Tighten till you feel a few returns of resistance then push and pull on the pole. Try the spin mode and if its spins well your good, if it’s slow and clunky it’s too tight.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 6, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Turns not returns of resistance

• katie8770

December 6, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Ok thanks! I’ll give that a go.

• katie8770

December 9, 2019 at 1:54 pm

I feel so embarrassed! It’s like having a new pole 😀 I can’t believe I was over-tightening it for a year (oops). I just tried it yesterday and it spins AMAZING now. Thanks for your help!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 9, 2019 at 3:21 pm

That’s great news!