StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole dancing and Christianity – can they relate?

• Pole dancing and Christianity – can they relate?

Posted by CatherineObvious on August 27, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have found a pole dancing forum, I’m excited to be part of your community. My name is Catherine and I’ve been Pole dancing for over 8 years and it’s innately sown into my Soul. I’m really struggling with something.

I’m also an aspiring Christian. I use the word ‘aspiring’ Christian to highlight the fact that I am in no way a poster child for Christianity. I am in the infancy/newborn phase of my journey to be closer to Jesus. And I don’t intend to slow that down anytime soon. I made a deal with God years ago. And I still keep my promise. To never go back to that life.

Long story short:I am a recovering opiate addict from Long Island. This disease is killing our country almost silently. I had a near death experience in May of 2017 and I haven’t been back since. I owe that to God. What does God think about pole dancing as a sport? I want to focus on the positive aspects of pole dancing (Christians). What about body positivity? What about self expression in artistic form? Being healthy. Taking care of our ‘temples’, right?

Yes ma’am! I want to be a pole dancing Christian lol. I love pole dancing as intensely as I am devoted to my Faith. I can’t live without either one. I want to reach out to this community to ask for their advice and perspectives on pole dancing for sport; artistic expression; being in touch with your body, mind, and spirit…? Is it wrong? Am I a fool to think that I can represent pole dancing and religion in the same room?

Colleen Larson replied 1 year, 7 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • dustbunny

August 28, 2021 at 8:28 pm

I definitely think you can do both. Excercise is good for body, mind and soul. Anyone who has a problem with that doesn’t deserve your attention.

• jodi smith

August 29, 2021 at 1:13 am

If this is a little encouragement, my mom is a Baptist minister andI grew up in the church. I took pole to reconnect to my sensuality and to feel more confident and strong. I told my mom that I started pole dancing and her first reaction was laughter. I’m over fourty but she just smiled and said that I was the one in the family who wasn’t afraid to try new things. She sees my strength and the smile on my face when I reach a pole trick. If my mom approved who is probably probably the super Christian, then I know God knows my heart and I’m ok. I don’t worry about the judgment of others.

• lisaemmerson403135

September 1, 2021 at 6:25 am

I was raised in a very strict Catholic family and my father was my biggest supporter, he related it to the gymnastics and dance I did when younger.
    Some members of my family gave me a hard time when I started and his response was simply “if you think it’s inappropriate you need to re assess your thoughts and feelings not hers!”
    I must admit to being delighted the first time he said it, and often use it myself now.
    Good luck on your journey

• Colleen Larson

September 16, 2022 at 11:17 pm

The Bible says nothing about pole dancing. If you don’t want to be sensual, then wear basic clothes and think of pole as pole fitness.