StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Recommendations for a beginner

• Pole Recommendations for a beginner

Posted by queenbee4hive3312 on December 4, 2019 at 10:17 pm

I just joined today, but haven’t purchased a pole yet. Which pole delivers what a beginner will need but can grow as I get stronger and more daring? (coated vs uncoated, spin lock out with key vs a button….anything else that I don’t even know to ask). Any other accessories that are ‘must have’s’? Thanks for your help!!

hookedonpole replied 3 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Sublime

December 4, 2019 at 10:21 pm

Welcome QueenBee!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 5, 2019 at 4:22 am

Buy the pole you can afford, as long as it’s not a toy pole. Xpole, platinum stages and lupit are all good poles. Beginners can learn on static and spinning pole, I teach both. So if you plan on using the lessons here you will have the ability to learn either. I personally love brass and teach newbies on it as well. So it’s really a matter of what you like. With all the different grip aids out there you will be able to find something to help if you find the finish you have is slick. If you have naturally sweaty hands avoid chrome. Not sure if this FB link will work but here’s a video I made talking about poles.https://www.facebook.com/studioveena/videos/10154144361229442/

Don’t wait until you get a pole to start conditioning! There are tons you can do right now.

• JessMcG

November 26, 2020 at 6:32 pm

I learned on Stainless steel, but I just got a new Brass pole!
    Stainless warmed up faster but I would only have like 10 or 15 minutes of learning new moves before I was just too sweaty to stick. I’d slip right off.
    Brass has been amazing for hand grip even from the beginning of a session! Takes a bit longer to warm up but once its warm i feel so good on it and I can now practice how long I want insteD of having to stop from slipping! I would buy brass over and over again.

• hookedonpole

November 27, 2020 at 7:56 am

My first pole was stainless steel. Then I got xpole titanium gold finish. After a while, I bought a chrome pole and within months sold it and went back to titanium gold. I still have slippery days with sweaty hands and body in the summer humid days, but I love it. I never thought I would use spin mode, but after MANY years was glad I got static/spin because now I love spin pole. I also finally bought the new xpole pro with the xlock feature and love it. Good luck and welcome to pole and Studioveena!