StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pole Expo!

• Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina

August 22, 2019 at 1:44 am

I was all set to, but had to cancel over the weekend 😭😭 maybe next year

• Veena

Administrator
    August 22, 2019 at 4:03 am

I’ve seen expo post it is the last year.

August 22, 2019 at 10:56 am

I thought Fawnia said it might be the last year depending on this year’s turn out… I didn’t like that marketing tactic very much… but I have a friend that teaches there every year and wanted to go support her and see what it was all about! It just didn’t work out this time 🤷‍♀️

• Veena

Administrator
    August 22, 2019 at 2:21 pm

I agree, not a great tactic! We no longer work with expo as communications stopped suddenly for no reason (that we know of) a few yrs ago. Pole is struggling in the real world. Most large pole gatherings, companies and comps have dissapeared. It’s sad to see the community so unwilling to come together and support each other. A few years back we reached out to many of the now evaporated companies wanting to work together but no interest….

August 22, 2019 at 4:58 pm

That makes me so sad! It is weird how the pole community seems to take one step forward and two steps back! You did get a shoutout at PoleCon this year from one of the MCs. I forget what she said exactly, but she was saying something about how you were there in the beginning of her pole journey and she still gets your lessons 😀

• sherim953764

August 24, 2019 at 11:41 pm

I am at pole expo now and asked Fawnia about it. She said it’s losing money and she just had a baby. She said it will return in some form in 3-4 years…