StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Pleaser shoe size?

• Pleaser shoe size?

Posted by SamH on March 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Ok so I want to buy some shoes but I dont know what size to get. I normally wear a size 6 in sneakers and a 5 in heels. I already have a size 6 Ellie (not the kind with clear plastic across the toes) but they are too big. I went to a local store and they only carry Ellie but I really want Pleaser (they only have size 6 anyway and size 6 Ellie are just slighty too big). No one around here carries size 5 in any brand so I am not able to try them on. I was reading some posts on here about how Pleaser's run small so since I havent found a store with Pleasers or a store with any size 5's I dont know what size to order. My size 6 Ellie's are just a little bit too big so since the Pleasers run smaller than Ellie I don't know if I should go with size 6 or size 5 Pleaser. Any advice?

Veena replied 6 years, 5 months ago 14 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • BACE16

March 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I'm a 9 or 9.5 in most shoes, but my toes hang over the edge and are all bunched up in Pleasers 9.  Pleasers 10 fit me much better.  If your ordering online try to find a place with a policy that lets you return if it doesn't fit.  I've ordered 2 sizes and returned the ones that don't fit with other clothes.

• JeHanne

March 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I agree its important to find a site that allows returns or return shipping that doesn't cost you to return. I think endless.com offers that and carries some pleasers. Check their return policy. Even if you have to pay for return at least you would know what size is right for you and get an idea of how a particular brand wears on you.

I wear an 8.5 – 9 in street shoes but for pleasers I wear an 8. I size down for Pleasers. With wear the vamp stretches and if I go with a 9 I tend to not be able to use the shoe anymore when the vamp stretches. I also wear 8 in their closed toe boots and find that just more comfortable for me.

It varies by manufacturer… for Ellie or Tony shoes I have to get size 9. I actually have become extremely brand loyal to Pleasers so that is my shoe/boot of choice.

This is going to be something that you need to experiment to find the right fit for you and your feet. It will take some trial and error. Darn… I guess that means some extra shoe shopping. ; )

• SamH

March 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Thanks! I'll take yall's advice and order from a site that will allow me to return them if they dont fit. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• PixiLouBell

March 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm

ive had 2 pair of pleasers, i am a size 7 and i wore size 8 in both pair, they run small!

• Lana Lee

March 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Hi!  I'm 4'9" and just like you, I wear a size 6 in sneakers and in sandals and non-socked footwear, I am a size 5.  I have a pair of Pleaser boots and they are a size 6.  You will more than likely fit a size 6 as well…  They are slightly big for me.  Hope this helps!

• DeniseL

March 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Bahahaha Ewa! I looked at the forum title and read one line of your post…all I saw was I'm 4'9" and guessed it was you without even looking at the user!

On the note of the Pleaser, I have boots from them and I got one size bigger.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I am a sz 6, but buy a 7 to fit nice(same as my sneakers). Makes for comfy wearhttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• SamH

March 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys! I think I found one store in my area that has pleaser's (ofcourse only size 6). Im gonna go and try them on so if they dont fit I'll know to get a 5 when I order.

• SamH

March 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys! I think I found one store in my area that has pleaser's (ofcourse only size 6). Im gonna go and try them on so if they dont fit I'll know to get a 5 when I order.

• KuriKat

March 11, 2012 at 9:20 am

I have the Pleasers lucite heels and I got a size larger than I typically wear as I always find that higher heels have less toe room for me than lower heels and sport shoes. The larger size fit perfectly and was really comfortable to dance in. So I’d go a size larger than what you’d typically buy for moderate heels.

• polekitcat

March 11, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I sell these shoes. Go one size up in boots only. The heels with plastic over the top. Purchase your size and they will stretch with wear. I have also told my clients at my studio to use a blow dryer to loosen the plastic. Hope this helps. I wear a size 9 and order 10 in closed shoes and 9 in open shoes.

• polekitcat

March 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Oh… If you are a 6.5 order the while size up. So a 7.

• Cocoa0

March 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Shoebuy.com has a HUGE selection of pleaser shoes, free shipping (in the US) and returns. Plus they always have promotions (right now it’s 20% off) I just ordered 2 pairs this morning they only cost 40$ each. That’s the cheapest I have ever seen them ANYWHERE. I actually found they fit a bit big though. I am a large size 9 and I have a pair of 8’s and 3 9’s the 8’s are squishy but wearable and the 9’s fit perfect.

• nolaelle

March 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Oh! Where did you get the 20% off promo code?!

• Cocoa0

March 12, 2012 at 4:51 pm

There is a banner at the top of the shoebuy home page right now. The code is “spring”. You can also sign up for their emails and they will send you codes… Or just google “shoebuy.com coupon codes”.

Page 1 of 2