StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions October 2020 Challenge

• October 2020 Challenge

Posted by Veena on October 3, 2020 at 3:04 am

Hi guys👋 It’s time for a Halloween Challenge!!!!

This month you can choose from two different options.

Option 1: Do a Dance In Costume.🧛 Depending on the costume this can be harder than you think!

Option 2: Learn and perform my Creepy Ballerina Routine.🩰 It’s FREE to watch as many times as you like for the whole month so anyone can learn this routine!

Here’s how to join:
    If choosing option 1
    Dance to a full song or at least a minute of a song. Freestyle, plan it out, edit it, whatever you like but you MUST wear a costume!
    If choosing option 2
    Learn the routine. Feel free to add your own moves if you like or to make it more or less challenging. You MUST wear a costume but it doesn’t have to be a creepy ballerina. 🧜

When you’re done. SHARE! Upload on Studioveena.com and enjoy the inspiration you feel from watching others. You can join in anytime during the month.

WE HAVE A CHALLENGE SECTION IN THE VIDEOS TAB!!! When uploading simply put the word CHALLENGE in the title, then everyone can find your video. If you’d like to share your upload to Facebook or Twitter just click the blue “Share your video” button to make a sharable link viewable by those who are not members.

Here is the Creepy Ballerina routine https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/59d0ff7c-ff88-4978-aa24-047aac110005

Veena replied 3 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 3, 2020 at 3:17 am

PS If you don’t have a pole you can do a wall dance, chair dance or even floor work!

• Corrie

October 3, 2020 at 1:56 pm

Yaaay! Just watched the routine – would love to learn this at some point but may do my own because I need to limit what I do tricks wise. I may even have a song already!

• hookedonpole

October 5, 2020 at 12:24 am

Can I cheat and use my 2017 video for this challenge? hmmmm The real challenge would be if I could accomplish it anywhere near my 2017 one.

@Corrie, Modify what you need to, I ALwAYS modify for my body, style, capabilities. I hope you join this challenge. I’m not saying it’s always easy, it takes a lot for me to do it, but am glad when I do. 🙂

• Corrie

October 5, 2020 at 2:18 pm

Oh, I always modify too! I feel like I’m always working around something. However, I think looking at the Broken Doll video, its far beyond what my body can do right now (I had surgery in July), so I’m gonna opt for option one – my own choreography w/a costume. 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    October 22, 2020 at 3:13 am

I had a blast making my video…I hope you all enjoy watching. I’ll upload it before the weekend!

• hookedonpole

October 22, 2020 at 6:14 am

I worked on mine Tuesday night and had it till the end and did a goof up that I couldn’t cover up. Tried again, but no go. Will have mine this weekend. Can’t wait to see yours and everyone’s.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 22, 2020 at 3:42 pm
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 24, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Thought this might be helpful! If you’d like to post your videos to SV and have film on a phone or tablet that was vertical…don’t edit it as wide/horizontal. Keep the vertical dimensions then viewers can select full screen and the video will be BIG/FULL SCREEN instead of small and horizonal. If you edit it as a horizontal video it will look really little as our website like YT will make you turn the phone because it’s uploaded as horizontal but film vertical. If you film vertical (like I do now with all my videos) don’t change the dimensions 😁

• Veena

Administrator
    October 26, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Here’s a peek at how I filmed my video https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJmr6Ln1/

• amelia2000

November 6, 2020 at 7:35 pm

Hi! Is there a November challenge?

• Veena

Administrator
    November 6, 2020 at 8:56 pm

Thank you to all who participated! However, I will not be creating any new challenges.

Feel free to go through the old challenges and give those a try.

• tezza267288

November 11, 2020 at 6:32 pm

So who won?

• Veena

Administrator
    November 11, 2020 at 6:34 pm

There’s no winner or prize, it’s all about community and having fun doing something together.