StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions New Chrome X-Pole Already Has Dings In It. Super Bummed.

• New Chrome X-Pole Already Has Dings In It. Super Bummed.

Posted by StrangeFox on December 17, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I’m not having a great weekend. My new pole came with gouges already in it. My first pole had some very minor scratches/dings on it, but they were nothing to worry about. These ones are much deeper. In your opinion, would you be looking to send this back to X-Pole or would you just ignore these? I’m totally fine if these are just cosmetic, but if they’re going to become little pits of rust/degradation later I’m a little more worried.

I know if I contact X-Pole they’ll make this right, however, I’m beyond bummed out about having to deal with the hassle of exchanging my A and B poles. Not to mention I was really looking forward to setting this baby up and using it and now I might not be able to enjoy my new pole until after the holidays.

StrangeFox replied 6 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

December 18, 2017 at 3:26 pm

I would absolutely return it. It will hurt resale. Mine cane with a ding in the dome and I never complained and now that I’m thinking of selling it and getting a new pole I’m worried gag will factor into selling it.

• StrangeFox

December 19, 2017 at 1:30 am

Thanks AllysonKendal! That is something else to consider – re-sale. I know for a fact I’ll probably end up dinging this pole myself ’cause I’m a bit of a klutz – lol! 🙂

I’ve contacted X-Pole and they got back to me pretty quickly asking for my invoice #, etc… They’re super helpful and they really wanted to get it right. I’m just disappointed (not with X-Pole…they’re awesome) that this happened, ya know? I know it’ll be all right one way or another.

I feel like if we want to sell our poles we can put a positive spin on this somehow. “Comes pre-dinged for your benefit! No need to worry about making that first, heart-wrenching scratch on your X-Pole – I’ve gone ahead and done it for you!” 😀

• dustbunny

December 19, 2017 at 5:49 pm

@StrangeFox Lol you should work in marketing!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 19, 2017 at 8:38 pm

I’m glad they’re taking care of it!

• StrangeFox

December 20, 2017 at 5:18 am

LOL! I think I could make a side business out of this, dustbunny! XD

So, X-Pole got back to me and they said as long as I’m not bothered by the cosmetic aspect of it, and as long as the areas aren’t abrasive, there is nothing to worry about. They said if the spots start getting rougher or bigger/bothersome at any time I can contact them since they have on file that these dings were not caused by usage.

Honestly, I’m the type of person who doesn’t mind buying something pre-damaged just ’cause I know it’ll probably get damaged anyway. (I have 4 very destructive cats and I’m a klutz). I considered re-sale and maybe I’ll be kicking myself for that very reason later, or maybe my love of thigh-high boots will result in more dings. *sigh* I was more worried I’d have to return the pole because of the rust/chipping hazard in the chrome coating.