StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions My legs don’t grip to any poles!

• My legs don’t grip to any poles!

Posted by Rock n pole on January 15, 2019 at 12:36 am

I have 3 xpoles in my dance room, powder coated, titanium gold, and chrome.

Ive been pole dancing for 2 years.

But my legs just won’t grip to the gold or chrome and I slide right down.
    I can only do a crucifix on my powder coated, but its very uncomfortable and still nips my skin.

So I use PC for most stuff but would love to be able to use the chrome and gold for everything.

I dance on 50mms at the studio but at home is 45mm as I do much better on 45, but I find no difference in leg holds or gripping on either size.

Anyone else had this trouble? My legs have the strength as I’m pretty advanced on the PC. I just slide off πŸ™

Ive tried using grip solutions on my legs but it hurts far too much and stops me for doing a lot of transitions and flow.

Thanks for any tips πŸ™‚ x

mystical replied 5 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • amelia2000

January 15, 2019 at 6:55 am

Wow that’s a wide variety of poles to have at home- jealous!

Personally I have problems to start with in a session if my skin isn’t warm and sticky enough- so I make sure to do some strengthening exercises on the floor (sometimes just 1min plank, 1min each of side plank). I rarely feel I need it on my legs now, but I sometimes used to use hair spray, have you tried that?

• Rock n pole

January 15, 2019 at 9:10 am

No I haven’t tried hairspray but I’ll give it a shot thanks πŸ™‚ I always warm up well first though, my legs must just be super soft Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€š

I only have 3 poles because I couldn’t grip at all to my first chrome, so bought a PC, found that too grippy for static spins but awesome for spinny mode, so got a titanium gold for static work Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€š
    But there all good for different things so kept them all up 😊 x

• amelia2000

January 15, 2019 at 11:45 am

Hoping my next pole can be powder coated…just got a chrome one, so I hardly ever work on spins, my hand grip is too weak on it…

Shaving foam might also be worth a try, never found it helps me but some people swear by it.

• Rock n pole

January 15, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Candle wax helps me a lot on chrome! Have you tried that? It helps me grip but allows me to spin too!

I don’t use grip solutions coz they are too grippy and stop me doing static spins

But rubbing an unlit tealight all over the pole works wonders for some like me! Not too much just lightly. Sometimes I put more on depending on grip.

You have to warm it up once it’s on, i just stretch on the pole and muck around doing grabs and handsprings til it’s softened, then after that it lasts days πŸ™‚ x

• Veena

Administrator
    January 15, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Have you tried this combo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgvvc2uvcFw&t=118s

Also if the poles are cold steaming can help to warm and clean them right before poling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdjeYnLLaBw&t=5s

• Rock n pole

January 16, 2019 at 9:36 am

The videos don’t work.

Yep I always warm up my poles and room, and I have a pole warmer for very cold days.

The heat or coldness of the poles make no difference to my leg grip unfortuently, it still feels like Im poling with slippy trousers one πŸ™

Only on the powder coated do my legs get any grip

• Veena

Administrator
    January 16, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Just click the link not the video player…not sure why YT players don’t always work. I had the same issues with grip until I started using that combo.

• Rock n pole

January 16, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Thank you, I’ll give that a try! Does it stop you from doing static spins? I’ve tried putting dry hands on my legs but it makes me stick to the pole mid spin, it hurts Γ°ΕΈΛœβ€š

• Veena

Administrator
    January 16, 2019 at 5:49 pm

I still do spins on static. I will say that Powder coated and brass are finishes where I need grip aid the least. I love my Platinum stages brass finish so much!

• LatinPoler

January 17, 2019 at 12:05 am

Very basic question but do you use body lotions or products with oils (like shea butter) or petrolatum? This will make you slide. Use lotions with glycerin instead, preferably not the same day you are poling but the night before. I use Aveeno Sheer Hydration and it works well, it hydrates and it won’t make me slippery if I apply it well before my pole session.

• Rock n pole

January 17, 2019 at 3:03 am

Hey πŸ™‚ no I don’t use any products at all on my skin apart from my face, and I only wash with 0% Sanex.

I’ll maybe buy a brass pole and see if it’s gripper than the titanium gold, but worried brass will be too grippy for my hands, I can’t do static spins on my powder coated because the gripiness πŸ™

• Veena

Administrator
    January 17, 2019 at 4:08 am

Not all brass feel the same, I find my brass platinum stages has more grip than my brass xpole. Any grippy pole will be rough on hands for static spins. I’m a static lover and as far as hands go, powder coated is better on my hands than brass….but I love the overall grip of PS brass!

• suve3638

February 3, 2019 at 7:59 am

Hy Rock’n Pole, maybe your skin is to dry? I use fresh Body Sorbet from the Body Shop right before pole dance and it works realy perfectly for my grip in winter and summer.

• mystical

February 3, 2019 at 7:06 pm

when my legs are to dry i apply aveeno lotion a few hours before i pole and i grip really well then