StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Moves That Are Rarely Performed?

• Moves That Are Rarely Performed?

Posted by StrangeFox on August 26, 2018 at 1:11 am

What types of beginner/intermediate/advanced type moves do you rarely ever see performed?

I’m preparing for a showcase in October, and I want to throw in a couple of tricks that don’t get a lot of love. 🙂 I’m thinking more of good ol’ classics rather than tricks that are new and shiny (or extreme).

StrangeFox replied 5 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Rachel Osborne

September 1, 2018 at 12:16 am

What are your favorite go-to moves? I can suggest unusual variations if you let me know😊

• StrangeFox

September 1, 2018 at 2:33 am

Thanks so much, lovely!

Some of my favorites (in no particular order) are:

Gemini
    Bomb/pike hip hold
    Butterfly
    Extended Butterfly
    Iguana (just got very comfortable with lowering into it – my mount is still hidious, though)
    Butt Superman
    Genevieve (side sit)
    Hello boys (wrist sit)
    Genie
    Golddigger drop
    Tammy or anything from an inverted crucifix
    Any laybacks (russian, x-ankle, x-knee)
    Side climbs
    Side V from gemini
    Shoulder mount (from the ground)
    Caterpillar
    Scorpio to gemini switches – either the drop or the static rotation

Whew! I know that’s a lot but hopefully that gives you an idea of some of the moves I’m comfy with.

I might want to avoid certain moves or have back-ups just in case because pole students are permitted to play on the poles between the shows. Last year we were all getting our greasy pizza fingers and Halloween makeup gook all over everything. They’re cleaned before every performance, but some of that stuff lingers! XD

Not sure if it helps, but I’m looking to do some simple doubles moves, and the theme is going to be an 80s slasher movie cheese-fest. We’ll be doing some spin and some static combos. 🙂