StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Morning vs Night

• Morning vs Night

Posted by Kietsie kat on January 28, 2016 at 6:03 am

In the morning I have this strong burning desire to sprint towards my goals, I’m motivated, happy and just thrilled at being alive.
    As soon as I come home though that desire burns out.. I become sad and depressed and usually take naps.. I don’t understand why that spark doesn’t last.. I eat descent.. but I’ve noticed my sleep has actually been off this last week I couldn’t sleep at all at night then theres days were I sleep all day. even when I get a proper nights rest when I come home I still feel tired..
    Whats wrong with me..?

Kietsie kat replied 8 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Cherished

January 28, 2016 at 6:18 am

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?
    Sometimes Hypothyroidism can cause those symptoms.

• Kietsie kat

January 28, 2016 at 6:23 am

I haven’t… I’ve actually been wanting to see a doctor just for a check up but I haven’t gotten to it yet..

• Kietsie kat

January 28, 2016 at 6:28 am

Its weird though. It says that your metabolism is slowed but I’ve actually lost weight and I have to snack and eat all the time so I think its faster now.. idk if its because I’m in a higher altitude or not or what

• Runemist34

January 28, 2016 at 6:30 am

Thyroid can be an issue here if the problem has been going on for a long time. There are some other signs for it, and generally, we aren’t doctors, and you could totally get it checked in case you are worried.
    However, there are some other things going on that might be very much use to you.
    First, for your sleep habits, you could check out “Sleep Hygiene.” It’s basically a great way to help yourself get tired, and keep a routine, so that you are tired when you need to sleep. I follow this, and if I don’t, my sleep schedule slips really far out of whack. I don’t look at screens for half an hour before bed, dim the lights, no caffiene- well, for me, none at all, because it gives me migraines. I go to bed literally at the same time, as close as possible, every single night. Like, I don’t care if I work, or if I’m not, or whatever is happening, same time, every day. People want to hang out late? Oh, no, sorry, I can’t. You wanna go for a Timmies run at 11pm? Nope, I’m already in bed.
    So, that’s helpful. I also find that napping can be very destructive to my delicate sleep balance, so I try to avoid them (though, when I have my monthly cycle, I tend to sleep a lot more, so naps are acceptable at this time).

Other than that, I find that when I get up in the morning, I am also fairly motivated to get things done. By the evening, it’s more like I’m wanting to rest, I’ve spend my energy, and I’m starting to wind down for the evening. I don’t get depressed, exactly, but I get more relaxed and a bit tired.
    It sounds like you deal with a bit of depression in the evening, and I’ve heard of this happening to people at a certain time of day.
    Perhaps, if you can, find a way to change your routine at this time. Right before you hit that depressed point, see if you can get some exercise going, or do something lovely for yourself.
    Also, as this is a pattern, you can look at the patterns of your life, as well. Is there something that happens each day that you feel unhappy about? Do you get depressed consistently on certain days, and not other days? What happens on the days you don’t get like that (or, what doesn’t happen)?
    Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and try to change things up.
    It’s your life, and you deserve to be happy with it. Change can be really scary, but in the end, you’ll learn a lot, and you might find you are ultimately much, much happier afterward.

• Kietsie kat

January 28, 2016 at 6:50 am

Thank you Rune 💜
    It does seem to be a pattern.
    In the Morning I work. 5-9
    then I walk home 9-11 about 2 hrs
    When I get home I usually eat lunch
    or a snack.
    then after is usually when I crash..
    it sucks 😜😄

On weekends its varied.
    I’ll try what you suggest and change things up a little. Maybe shower earlier or do yoga. Thank you again 💜 It really means a lot to me that you guys are so amazing and caring.

• Runemist34

January 28, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Wow, a 2 hour walk home?? That’s pretty far! People around where I live gasp in horror when I say I have a half hour walk!
    I could see a crash happening after that, especially if you aren’t getting enough food in you. It’s really important! I have an awful time trying to eat enough food, and I really notice a lot of mood-destruction when I get… well, “hangry”!
    Is there any way you might change or shorten your commute? It might really change your energy and your mood.
    I’m glad you’re trying it out though 🙂 I hope it helps!!

• Kietsie kat

January 28, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I’ve been trying to eat more protein and snack all day. My metabolism is really high and with walking its hard to eat enough calories especially when you’re broke 😥 It will eventually change but for right now I have to walk it.
    Its not every day. Sometimes my roommate gets out of class for awhile to drive me home but I try not to rely on her too much.
    I know what you mean my family keeps telling me to get a car but I can’t afford one. Walking that far isn’t really that bad. I enjoy it and get to think a lot. Its nice to wind down after working and exercise :3

• Runemist34

January 28, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Not saying a 2 hour walk isn’t awesome 😉 And yes, I totally understand where you’re coming from about cars and being poor. I’m in the same boat. I always feel super lucky to get rides from my co-workers, or from my boyfriend (who is also paying for all the groceries and stuff right now, because I don’t get much for hours at work!!)
    Hopefully a little bit of change to your routine will show a big difference to your mood and your energy! It can be really hard to make the changes, but super rewarding!!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 29, 2016 at 12:46 am

HI! That feeling is familiar to me for sure! I see you get up early but are home at a pretty reasonable time. The crash could just be from not eating enough in the am and then when you get home to eat the blood sugar levels go crazy and you crash!

I also have a very high metabolism and had my thyroid check, because I was feeling so run down somedays. Everything thing checked out ok, I know I deal with depression and I’m getting better about pulling myself out of it. To avoid a funk, I stay off my social media, if you have to check your phone do it standing, don’t sit and look at FB or whatever. Avoid interacting online with people or things that make you feel frustrated and sad. Follow positive people! I focus on doing something that makes me feel I’ve accomplished something, somedays that might mean cleaning the house or creating new lessons.

You don’t have to spend a ton of money to eat well, avoid buying stuff in packages or the frozen section, they’re expensive and usually full of weird stuff, even if they “claim” is healthy! You can make snacks to bring with and things like chopping up veggies and keeping them in the fridge for snacks is nice because they go a long way. I also found that I need to eat more at meals and keep snacks a bit smaller. When I use to graze all day I was much thinner, eating more at meals helps me maintain, even when I have to walk the dogs up or huge hill and workout and make lessons!

• Kietsie kat

February 2, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Thank you Veena 💜

These last 2 weeks I’ve been trying to eat more in the mornings and I noticed a huge difference. I have a lot more energy now. Its weird having a high metabolism. I used to consider it slow until I started walking and eating better.

Thanks for all the tips and advice everyone! I really love that you guys are so awesome and helpful 💜 :3