StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Mirror, Mirror, on the Walls?

• Mirror, Mirror, on the Walls?

Posted by WebJunk on April 22, 2014 at 7:06 pm

How many here have mirrors in their pole area? Do you use them? I have currently a rectangle wall mirror that just leans against the wall but does not have enough visibility to be useful. When I started originally (different house) had mirror tiles covering one entire wall. Its my living room and not sure about adding mirrors how it would look. Also large mirrors seem to be expensive.
    Would appreciate any suggestions or opinions.

Pretty Pixie replied 10 years ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Krista Bocko

April 22, 2014 at 7:12 pm

No mirrors currently. I have been through phases where i thought i SHOULD and went to the trouble of getting mirrors and lugging them in and out, but i dont like to look in mirrors when i pole. I prefer to video and critique that way.

• grayeyes

April 22, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I currently have a tall rectangular mirror leaning in the corner but I find it’s not really wide enough. I’ve been wanting more mirrors but my pole is in our bedroom and my husband wasn’t thrilled with the idea of more mirrors. However, he later said he was okay with it since it makes me happy. I agree that large mirrors are expensive. I suggest looking on Craigslist. Just today I found two 42″ X 48″ mirrors at our local ReStore (Habitat for Humanity’s goodwill type store for home materials). They were only $32 a piece and are in great shape. We haven’t hung them up yet but I love them already.

• korinne

April 22, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Mirrors can be helpful, but I really prefer video. Mainly because you can replay it and really focus on what’s happening with the whole motion and positioning of your body. As you’re in a complex inverted move, turning your head/body to look at a mirror can change the shape and balance(even saftey) of a move. That being said, I do love a good mirror for the quick positioning fix.

• WebJunk

April 22, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Hate having my picture taken so do not use video much for myself. Have had a mirror can help with knowing if am in a particular position right. Sometimes it feels right but it looks totally wrong 🙂
    I never seem to find those deals on large mirrors but will keep checking.

• Runemist34

April 22, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I have one, but unfortunately it’s not well lined-up with my actual pole- I have doors in the way, and other things (like a bookshelf).
    However, I do know this: Watching yourself in the mirror is WAY different from video taping yourself. Both can be extremely helpful, but they are so for different reasons.
    Also, my mirror is quite large (I was going for a full-length mirror without the frame, got something a little bigger because I’m not great with measurements) and it was less than $100. I got it at a glass place. They do things like auto glass, as well as other glass stuff in frames, but… just for a straight mirror that you’re gonna hang on the wall? Super cheap without a frame! They even gave me the brackets to hang it up! It’s like… 5′ 5″ tall and like, 1.5′ wide? I’m totally guessing, but… it’s big for me, anyways!

• Lady Glitter Sparkles

April 23, 2014 at 12:46 am

I have three large mirrors on my wall. Two right next to each other flush with the ground and one larger one right above those. I can see everything with them and they have been very helpful. My husband actually found them at a flee market when he was hanging out with his parents and got then for $35 for all three which was a really good deal. I agree that craigslist might be good but it might take awhile to find what you want. You can get some really nice used mirrors for cheap.

• Pretty Pixie

April 23, 2014 at 6:20 am

I bought my 7 foot by 4 foot mirror on Craigslist for $20. Just keep looking, many people renovate in the summer and there is sure to be a bathroom mirror eventually. I searched “large wall mirror” every week until I found one.